It’s HAPPENING: vegan, gluten-free PROTEIN waffles that are light, FLUFFY, seriously crispy, and have 17+ grams of protein per waffle!
Perfectly sweet, wholesome, and just 1 bowl, 5 ingredients, and 15 minutes required! The hardest part is waiting for your waffle iron to cook them. Let’s make waffles!
How to Make Protein Waffles
Grab these 5 INGREDIENTS, and you’re ready to make protein waffles:
- Pancake + Waffle Mix: Our wholesome vegan and gluten-free mix makes super fluffy pancakes and crispy waffles every time!
- Protein Powder: We like Sprout Living Vanilla or Original, or use another protein powder of choice. We recommend one with pea + brown rice protein for best flavor!
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Avocado Oil or Melted Vegan Butter
When ready to make waffles, simply whisk together the wet ingredients, then add in the dry, and you’ve got a protein-filled WAFFLE BATTER!
We can’t wait for you to try these protein waffles, friends! They’re:
Easy to make
& Packed with 17+ grams protein per waffle!
Make a batch (or two) for the work week ahead and we promise your mornings will be brighter! You can also freeze them for lazy weekends and busy mornings. Simply reheat in a toaster or under the broiler (watch closely!).
More Protein-Packed Breakfasts & Snacks
- Chocolate Protein Shake (Protein Powder-Free!)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Protein Bars (Peanut Butter Chocolate!)
- Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito (30 minutes!)
- No-Bake Vegan Protein Bars (4 Ingredients!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
5-Ingredient Vegan Protein Waffles (Gluten-Free)
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the dairy-free milk, vanilla extract, and oil or melted vegan butter. Whisk well to combine.
- Next add the Minimalist Baker Pancake + Waffle Mix and protein powder of choice. Whisk again until there are no lumps remaining.
- Preheat your waffle iron and cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve warm with desired toppings, such as vegan butter, maple syrup, peanut butter, or fruit. We like a combination of bananas, maple syrup, and peanut butter!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Waffles reheat well under a low-medium broil or in the toaster until hot and crispy.