It’s HAPPENING: vegan, gluten-free PROTEIN waffles that are light, FLUFFY, seriously crispy, and have 17+ grams of protein per waffle!
Perfectly sweet, wholesome, and just 1 bowl, 5 ingredients, and 15 minutes required! The hardest part is waiting for your waffle iron to cook them. Let’s make waffles!
How to Make Protein Waffles
Grab these 5 INGREDIENTS, and you’re ready to make protein waffles:
- Pancake + Waffle Mix: Our wholesome vegan and gluten-free mix makes super fluffy pancakes and crispy waffles every time!
- Protein Powder: We like Sprout Living Vanilla or Original, or use another protein powder of choice. We recommend one with pea + brown rice protein for best flavor!
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Avocado Oil or Melted Vegan Butter
When ready to make waffles, simply whisk together the wet ingredients, then add in the dry, and you’ve got a protein-filled WAFFLE BATTER!
Then cook ’em up in your waffle iron until crispy and golden brown! All that’s left is choosing your toppings and digging in! We love nut butter, fresh fruit (or compote), and maple syrup.
We can’t wait for you to try these protein waffles, friends! They’re:
Easy to make
& Packed with 17+ grams protein per waffle!
Make a batch (or two) for the work week ahead and we promise your mornings will be brighter! You can also freeze them for lazy weekends and busy mornings. Simply reheat in a toaster or under the broiler (watch closely!).
More Protein-Packed Breakfasts & Snacks
- Chocolate Protein Shake (Protein Powder-Free!)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Protein Bars (Peanut Butter Chocolate!)
- Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito (30 minutes!)
- No-Bake Vegan Protein Bars (4 Ingredients!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
5-Ingredient Vegan Protein Waffles (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp oil or melted vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cup Minimalist Baker Pancake + Waffle Mix (see notes for DIY options*)
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla protein powder (we like Sprout Living Vanilla or Original // or pea/brown rice protein)
FOR SERVING optional
- Nut butter (such as peanut butter, almond butter, or vegan Nutella)
- Fresh fruit (such as banana)
- Fruit compote
- Maple syrup
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the dairy-free milk, vanilla extract, and oil or melted vegan butter. Whisk well to combine.
- Next add the Minimalist Baker Pancake + Waffle Mix and protein powder of choice. Whisk again until there are no lumps remaining.
- Preheat your waffle iron and cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve warm with desired toppings, such as vegan butter, maple syrup, peanut butter, or fruit. We like a combination of bananas, maple syrup, and peanut butter!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Waffles reheat well under a low-medium broil or in the toaster until hot and crispy.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with avocado oil, Sprout Living Vanilla Protein, and without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!