Your search for the ultimate gluten-free pancake mix is over! Say hello to our easy 1-bowl pancake mix that comes together in 10 minutes with just 8 wholesome ingredients!
It’s vegan-friendly (but can also be made with eggs), incredibly versatile, and yields the fluffiest, perfectly sweet, most beautiful pancakes on the block. They’re perfect for breakfast, brunch, making ahead and freezing, and beyond! Let us show you how this easy mix is made!
How to Make Gluten-Free Pancake Mix
This gluten-free pancake mix starts with a base of 4 gluten-free flours: brown rice flour, almond flour, oat flour, and potato starch. When combined, these flours create a perfect balance that results in pancakes that hold together beautifully, rise up to the sky, and taste like the real deal.
We add baking powder for lift, flaxseed meal for structure, coconut sugar for a touch of sweetness, and salt for balance.
Mix it all together, and that’s it, folks! We like using a nice big mixing bowl and a whisk so we know that all the ingredients are evenly distributed and well combined.
Once mixed, this simple gluten-free pancake mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature or refrigerated to last even longer!
We also love gifting a jar to our gluten-free friends and family as a sweet treat and kind gesture any time of year! It’s especially perfect to gift to those who are newly gluten-free as that can be an overwhelming change.
Making The Pancakes
Next comes our favorite part — making the pancakes! Grab your mix and let’s go!
All we need to do is combine some of the gluten-free pancake mix with dairy free milk, apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), vanilla extract, and melted vegan butter (oil will work, but we love the taste that vegan butter brings)!
Set the batter aside to thicken for 10 minutes, and we’re ready to pan these cakes!
After cooking on both sides, pile them high, and you’ve got a stack of golden brown, fluffy pancakes ready for all your favorite toppings. Fresh fruit (or berry compote), maple syrup, and nut butter are our faves!
We hope you LOVE this gluten-free pancake mix! It makes:
Quick & easy
& SUPER delicious pancakes!
It’s perfect for lazy weekends, gifting to gluten-free friends and family, and beyond! Pair your pancakes with our Easy Green Juice and Fluffy Vegan Scrambled Eggs for a comforting and nourishing meal.
More Gluten-Free Pancake Recipes
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes (GF)
- 1-Bowl Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
- Blender Banana Pancakes (Gluten-Free!)
- 1-Bowl Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Gluten-Free Pancake Mix (Vegan)
TO MAKE PANCAKES
- 1 – 1 ¼ cup dairy-free milk (almond, cashew, or boxed coconut)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp melted vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 cups dry pancake mix (from above)
- PANCAKE MIX: To a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (brown rice flour, almond flour, oat flour, potato starch, baking powder, flaxseed meal, coconut sugar, salt). Whisk until well incorporated.
- Store pancake mix in an airtight container. It will keep at room temperature in a cool, dry place for at least 1 month or in the refrigerator or freezer up to 3 months.
- PANCAKES: To make 8 pancakes, combine 1 cup (240 ml) of dairy-free milk, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 Tbsp melted vegan butter (or coconut oil) in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside for 3-5 minutes to curdle slightly.
- Next add 2 cups (320 g) of dry pancake mix and stir to combine. Batter should be thick but pourable before resting. If too thick, stir in 1 Tbsp (15 ml) dairy-free milk at a time (we usually add 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) more). Let the batter rest for 10 minutes (it will thicken).
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle, non-stick pan, or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Grease the pan lightly with vegan butter (or coconut oil). Once batter has rested and the pan is hot, add 1/4-cup of batter into the pan. Let the pancakes cook on the first side until the outer edges are dry and the center starts to hold bubbles — about 2-3 minutes. If they don’t bubble, that’s okay. Just check the undersides after 2-3 minutes to see if they are golden brown. Flip the pancakes and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the other side.
- Serve warm with extra vegan butter, maple syrup, berry compote, or peanut butter (we like a combination of all four).
- Store leftover (cooled) pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days, or in the freezer for several weeks. Reheat in the toaster oven, microwave, or oven until hot.
*If not vegan, you can add 1 large egg to the wet ingredients and use less dairy-free milk (~2/3-1 cup (160-240 ml) dairy-free milk for 1 batch pancakes).
*Prep time and total time are for the dry mix only.
*Recipe as written makes ~5 cups of pancake mix or 2 ½ batches of 8 pancakes.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 pancake including the wet ingredients.