Once I discovered the secret to Cashew-Less Vegan Queso, I wanted to put it on everything within reach; starting with nachos, of course.
And based on your reaction to this sneak peek photo, you guys really wanted this recipe. Well, the wait is officially over!
This recipe is SO delicious, simple and undetectably vegan. There is something magical about the saltiness of a tortilla chip paired with a fresh, chunky salsa and this creamy, dreamy vegan queso. It’s like a flavor bomb – you simply don’t want to miss out.
The awesome thing about the Queso recipe is that it makes quite a bit, and you can store leftovers in a jar and it keeps for up to 4-5 days! AND it reheats extremely well, making it ideal for these nachos.
Once you have your chips on a serving plate, you just need to heat up your beans, queso and mash your guacamole and go to town.
My ideal nacho toppings are: black beans, salsa, (vegan) queso, guacamole, red onion, jalapenos, hot sauce, and cilantro. If you prefer a different combination of things, feel free to mix it up! Make these YOUR Best Damn Vegan Nachos. I totally give you permission (wink).
OK, onto the important thing: What do they taste like?
& Totally like legit restaurant-style nachos
In other words, you’re gonna love these babies. Enjoy!
- A crapload (~5 cups) of restaurant-style tortilla chips (I love Trader Joe’s brand)
- 3/4 cup Cashew-Less Vegan Queso
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/3 cup guacamole (1 ripe avocado + 1/4 tsp sea salt + 1 lime, juiced)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- optional: Fresh jalapeños and red onion, sliced
- optional: Hot sauce
- optional: Cilantro
- If you haven’t prepared your vegan queso yet, do that first (recipe in the ingredients).
- Once your queso is ready (and hot), heat up your black beans in a small saucepan and season with a little sea salt and desired spices (I love garlic, cumin, and chili powder).
- Next, prepare your guacamole by mashing your avocado with lime juice and sea salt. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Arrange your chips on a large serving platter and add toppings in desired order. I like black beans first, then queso, salsa, guacamole, red onion, jalapeño, hot sauce, and cilantro. Enjoy immediately.