The ULTIMATE summer drink is here: cherry limeade! This super refreshing, Sonic-inspired “soda” tastes as good as the classic, but it’s naturally sweetened and made with just 4 ingredients!
Packed with fresh cherries, perfectly tart-sweet, and ready in just 10 minutes, this bubbly beverage will be quenching your cherry soda craving in no time. Let us show you how it’s done!
This cherry limeade is SO easy to make, friends! We’re talking probably easier than driving to Sonic (okay, unless you live next door!).
We start with blending up fresh cherries, lime juice, and maple syrup to make a cherry lime concentrate.
The concentrate keeps for a few days, so you can store it in the refrigerator, and whenever you’re in the cherry limeade mood, you can make it in seconds.
Simply add the concentrate to a glass with ice and sparkling water and you’ve got sparkling cherry limeade. Now that’s definitely faster than driving to Sonic, even if do you live next door!
We can’t wait for you to try this cherry limeade! It’s:
Easy to make
Made with fresh cherries
& (dare we say) As delicious as Sonic’s!
It’s perfect for hot days, picnics, summer, and celebrating fresh cherry season! For bigger groups or making in advance, we recommend making more of the cherry lime concentrate and mixing with sparkling water just before serving.
And if you’re hungry, may we suggest some chips and guac, too?
More Recipes for Cherry Season
- Cherry Limeade Smoothie
- Roasted Beet & Cherry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cherry Pie Ice Cream
- Vegan Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Sparkling Cherry Limeade (Naturally Sweetened)
CHERRY LIME CONCENTRATE
- 2 cups fresh bing cherries, halved and pitted (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
TO MAKE CHERRY LIMEADE
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup cherry lime concentrate
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- 1 slice of lime
- Remove the pits from your cherries by slicing them down the middle and twisting the two halves apart. The pits should come loose pretty easily if your cherries are ripe. Alternatively, use a cherry pitter.
- CHERRY LIME CONCENTRATE: To a high-speed blender, add pitted cherries, lime juice, and maple syrup. Blend on high until all ingredients are well puréed.
- TO MAKE ONE DRINK: Fill a glass with ice and add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the cherry concentrate. Then add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sparkling water. You can add more sparkling water if you prefer a more subtle flavor or more cherry lime concentrate for a more intense flavor. Garnish with a cherry and a slice of lime. Enjoy!
- The cherry lime concentrate without sparkling water can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.