Say hello to an old favorite! A version of this roasted beet salad appeared in our digital cookbook, and we loved it so much that we had to dust it off, freshen it up, and share it with you (our beloved internet friends).
Made with fresh cherries, arugula, and roasted beets, this salad is vibrant, naturally sweet, and packed with antioxidants. It’s simple enough for every day (30 minutes and 8 ingredients), but elegant enough to enjoy with dinner guests. We hope you love it as much as we do! Let’s make salad!
This salad starts with roasting thinly sliced beets, which makes them tender and brings out their natural sweetness. Not only are roasted beets delicious, but they’re filled with health-promoting antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory benefits (and more).
While the beets are in the oven, we mix together a quick balsamic vinaigrette with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. It’s a bright and tangy dressing with a subtle sweetness.
The remaining ingredients include fresh arugula for its peppery bite, sweet and juicy red cherries, crunchy roasted hazelnuts, and (optionally) vegan feta for saltiness.
Toss it all with the dressing and prepare for flavor-filled bites of nourishment with the perfect amount of crunch and sweetness.
We hope you love this roasted beet and cherry salad! It’s:
& SO Delicious!
We love it as a side with nearly any main or split between two people for a lighter summer meal. Pairing ideas include our Balsamic Portobello Burgers with Caramelized Onions & Garlic Aioli, Creamy Vegan Pink Pasta (30 Minutes!), or Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken (30 Minutes!).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Roasted Beet & Cherry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 medium (~1/2 lb each) beets, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 5 oz. baby arugula (or sub other greens of choice)
- 1 cup red cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts*, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled vegan feta (optional // we like Follow Your Heart brand)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup (plus more to taste)
- 1 pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and set out a large baking sheet.
- Add sliced beets to the baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine, then bake for 20 minutes, flipping at the 10-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing in a small bowl or jar with a lid. Add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, and a healthy pinch each salt and pepper and whisk or shake to combine.
- To a large bowl, add arugula, roasted beets, cherries, hazelnuts, and vegan feta (optional). When ready to serve, add dressing and toss to coat. Best when fresh.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.