Introducing our latest obsession: an incredibly delicious, tart-sweet smoothie that immediately transports you to vacation mode or summer reminiscing. It tastes just like the name suggests: lemonade, but GREEN.
This plant-based, naturally sweetened smoothie is potassium-rich, loaded with greens, and sneaks in superfoods like baobab, moringa, and spirulina! Just 1 blender, 10 minutes, and 10 ingredients required. Let us show you how it’s done!
This smoothie is inspired by our Ginger Colada Green Smoothie. The base is the ultimate tropical, creamy, tart-sweet combo: frozen banana + pineapple.
Ginger provides zing and digestive benefits, coconut milk makes it rich and creamy, and lemon or lime + greens turn it into green lemonade!
Coconut water adds natural sweetness and even more potassium, and it turns electric green with the addition of superfood powders moringa and spirulina!
For superfoods, we went with three nutrient-dense powders: baobab, moringa, and spirulina.
Baobab is a tropical fruit tree from Africa. The fruit dries naturally on the tree and its dried pulp is used to make baobab powder. It’s rich in vitamin C and prebiotic fiber, which helps support digestive health (source).
Moringa is known as the “miracle tree,” and some claim it is “the most nutrient-rich plant yet discovered.” You can learn more about the health benefits of moringa and find our unbiased review of the top brands here.
Spirulina is an extremely nutritious blue-green algae that’s rich in B vitamins, beta-carotene, antioxidants, and minerals like iodine, iron, and manganese. It’s also 60% protein and a complete protein, containing all the essential amino acids — 1 Tablespoon boasts 4 g protein (source).
The superfood powders don’t contribute much to flavor but help give this smoothie its gorgeous electric green color and a boost of nutrition.
We hope you LOVE this green smoothie! It’s:
It’s perfect for a quick meal (if enjoying both servings), snack, afternoon pick-me-up, or any time you want to be transported to summer or vacation mode!
More Green Smoothie Recipes
- Creamy Avocado Banana Green Smoothie
- Mango Ginger Kale Green Smoothie
- Super Green Spirulina Smoothie (5 Ingredients!)
- Blood Orange Green Smoothie
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Superfoods Green Lemonade Smoothie
- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 2 ½ cups frozen pineapple
- 1 inch knob ginger (peeling optional)
- 1 medium lime or lemon, juiced (~3 Tbsp or 45 ml as recipe is written)
- 1 small handful fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup coconut water (or sub filtered water)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (boxed is best // or sub other dairy-free milk, such as rice, oat, or hemp)
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- 1 tsp spirulina , chlorella, or barley grass juice powder
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water to thin / help blend
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Add more water as needed to encourage blending. It should be a mix of creamy and slightly slushie, pourable but not watery.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more coconut milk for creaminess, pineapple or banana to thicken, lime or lemon for tartness, or ginger for zing.
- Enjoy as is, or garnish with additional hemp seeds and a pineapple wedge (optional).
- Best when fresh. If you have leftovers, freeze into popsicles or ice cube molds. When ready to use, simply blend the smoothie ice cubes in your blender with more coconut water and coconut milk.
Leave a Comment & Rating!