You guys, I simply couldn’t resist.
With fall officially upon us, there’s simply not much I can do in the way of restraining my pumpkin fever. And this recipe is one of my favorite creations thus far.
It’s a two-layer bark: dark chocolate on bottom and white chocolate infused with pumpkin pie spice on top. The sprinkles? Almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. How very delectable and healthy.
The flavor combination is exquisite. Plenty of decadence from the dark chocolate, a sweet yet spicy addition from the pumpkin-infused white chocolate, and lots of irresistible crunch from the fruit and nuts.
I took this batch into friends at work and several have already pestered me for the recipe. One even said she’d pay for it! Well well, adoring public, here it is. Pumpkin bark, and it doesn’t get much easier or more delicious.
- 1 1/4 cup high-quality semisweet or dark chocolate chips (dairy-free for vegan)
- 2 heaping cups high-quality white chocolate (dairy-free for vegan)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, stirring occasionally. Once melted, pour over a cookie sheet and spread until even – should be a fairly thin layer.
- Place pan in freezer to harden for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your bowl clean and melt the white chocolate chips, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove from heat and add pumpkin pie spice. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate, moving quickly to spread it carefully in an even layer directly on top. Get the edges as close to lined up as possible.
- Quickly sprinkle on almonds, pumpkin seeds and cranberries. Pop in freezer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Then break into pieces and store in an airtight container or bag. Refrigerate to keep fresh for longer.