After experimenting with how to make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, we ended up with a lot of hard boiled eggs.
The only logical thing to do: Make deviled eggs!
Our 30-minute, 10-ingredient version comes with a modern twist: It’s mayo-free and made with superfoods including turmeric, raw honey, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne. Let’s do this!
If you’re like us, deviled eggs are a staple appetizer for holiday meals and beyond. And for a while now, we’ve been craving a modern twist.
These deviled eggs have that classic creamy texture and salty-sweet flavor, but with a kick of spice from cayenne, paprika, and turmeric.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Once you make your Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, it’s simple:
- Let your eggs cool, then peel.
- Cut eggs in half and transfer yolks to mixing bowl.
- Add seasonings and sauces (we opted for turmeric, cayenne, paprika, hummus, raw honey, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt!).
- Mash into a smooth paste.
- Put filling back in the egg whites and serve!
Once your yolks are creamy and mashed, you can get as fancy as you want when filling your deviled eggs.
If you have a piping bag, go for it! Or, you can transfer your filling to a plastic bag, clip the corner, and squeeze the filling into the whites in a swirl pattern. Or, to reduce single-use plastics, you can simply spoon the filling back into the whites. Your choice!
We hope you LOVE these eggs! They’re:
Easy to make
& SO delicious
These deviled eggs would make the perfect appetizers for dinner parties, holiday gatherings, and beyond! We also love just having them around for a special snack throughout the week. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
More Egg Recipes
- 30-Minute Gado Gado
- 5-Ingredient Banana Egg Pancakes
- Blender Banana Pancakes (GF)
- The Simple But Good Breakfast Bowl
- How to Cook an Egg (Runny Yolk!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Mayo-Free Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp plain or garlic hummus
- 1 tsp dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ tsp raw honey (or sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika, plus more for topping
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1-3 Tbsp water
- Fresh chives or dill
- Use one of our methods for perfect hard boiled eggs every time — our favorite being steaming!
- Once the eggs have been boiled, cooled, and peeled under cool running water, pat dry and halve with a sharp knife.
- One at a time, tip the eggs over (cut-side down) and transfer the yolks into a small mixing bowl (use a spoon to gently scrape out any remaining yolk if needed).
- To the yolks, add hummus, mustard, apple cider vinegar, oil, honey, turmeric, cayenne, smoked paprika, and salt. Mash to combine.
- Add water a little at a time until a smooth paste is formed. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt to taste, vinegar for acidity, honey for sweetness, cayenne for heat, paprika for smokiness, or hummus for fluffy texure / garlic flavor.
- Transfer filling to a small piping bag or plastic bag with the corner clipped to pipe the yolk filling into the cooked egg whites (or simply use a spoon to fill the eggs).
- Garnish with paprika and fresh dill or chives (optional). Enjoy immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days (not freezer friendly).