You know that whole hatred of airports thing I told you about, and how Jamba Juice is their one saving grace?
Well, my affection for this smoothie shop has grown even greater recently with the addition of their green smoothie line. No longer just fruit, they also pack a vegetable punch (ftw)!
My absolute favorite green smoothie at the moment is their ‘Greens and Ginger’ smoothie. You guys, I’m straight up addicted.
I think you know where this is going. Let’s make a smoothie!
This smoothie is a 1-blender situation, requiring only 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to prepare!
Because peaches are out of season here in Oregon, I relied on organic frozen fruit. It’s not quite as good as the fresh, in-season stuff, but I simply couldn’t wait, and it was enough to satisfy my cravings for this insanely delicious smoothie.
As soon as summer gets here, though, I intend to buy up all the peaches I see and freeze them for future smoothie bliss. I am not kidding – all the peaches.
What you need to know about this smoothie: It’s
Smooth, but not overly creamy
Not too sweet
Loaded with greens, but masks their flavor well
The old me craved smoothies that tasted like a peanut butter milkshake, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But these days, I find myself gravitating toward gingery, tart green smoothies with only a little sweetness. Call me mature, why don’t you. OK seriously, I’m waiting though…
If you try this smoothie, it would make me oh-so happy. Let us know what you think if you do! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can be smoothie buddies. Cheers, friends!
Mango Ginger Kale Green Smoothie
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- 2 cups packed kale (fresh or frozen // organic when possible)
- 1 cup ripe frozen mango cubes (organic when possible)
- 1 cup ripe frozen peaches (organic when possible)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 - 2 lemons or limes, juiced (yields ~1/4 cup or 60 ml as original recipe is written)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups filtered water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional // depending on sweetness of fruit)
- Add ice to the blender first and crush. Then add kale, mango, peaches, ginger, lemon juice (starting with 1 lemon (2 Tbsp or 30 ml // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and working your way up) and 1 cup water (240 ml // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) to start. The amount of water will depend on how many of your ingredients are frozen.
- Blend until smooth, only adding water a little at a time as needed, and scraping down the sides/mixing as needed.
- Once well blended, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If too tart, add more fruit or a little maple syrup (optional). For more zing, add ginger. And for more acidity, add more lemon juice. To make it thicker/colder, add more ice. Blend as needed.
- Divide between two (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) serving glasses and enjoy immediately. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for 24 hours.