With an Instant Pot and less than 1 hour, you can make tender, perfect wild rice every time! Let us show you how.
Instant Pot Wild Rice
Making wild rice in the Instant Pot yields perfectly tender rice! Plus, it’s fast and hands-off (no babysitting the stovetop).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Ratio = 1 part wild rice : 1 ¼ parts water
- Cook Time = 28-30 minutes
- Release = 10 minute natural release, then release any remaining pressure
Did you find this helpful? If so, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Cooking Times Guide for perfectly cooked grains and beans every time!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Instant Pot Wild Rice (Fast, Tender, No Soaking!)
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 ¼ cup water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Add wild rice and water (or vegetable broth) to the Instant Pot and stir to prevent sticking. Pressure cook on high for 28-30 minutes (28 minutes for more firm — perfect for adding to soups — 30 for more tender // it will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins).
- Once the timer goes off, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid once steam has fully escaped.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.