There’s a (not-so-secret) secret that can take an average plate of veggies to the next level. Want in? It’s sauce! The secret sauce, if you will. We’re BIG fans of all kinds of sauces because they add flavor and pizzazz with minimal effort, and this herby, garlicky green tahini sauce does just that!
Just 5 minutes and 8 ingredients required for this Mediterranean-inspired condiment, friends. Let’s get saucy!
How to Make Tahini Sauce
The creamy base of this green tahini sauce starts with water, olive oil, lemon juice, a touch of maple syrup or honey, and of course tahini! You can learn about the origin of tahini and how to make it here.
Garlic, green onion, and parsley are the fresh, herby trio that make this sauce a gorgeous green color. And don’t forget the salt to bring all the flavors together!
After a quick swirl in the blender, the sauce is vibrant, creamy, and ready for putting on…everything!
We hope you LOVE this green tahini sauce! It’s:
& SO versatile!
It goes well with everything from roasted or grilled veggies to falafel, chicken, fish, and grain bowls. And we can’t promise you won’t be tempted to just dip a spoon straight into the blender and enjoy.
More Herby Green Sauces
- Magic Green Sauce (10 Minutes!)
- Easy Green Goddess Dressing (Plant-Based!)
- Easy Mint Chutney (5 Minutes!)
- Super Green Vegan Kale Pesto
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Herby Green Tahini Sauce (5 Minutes!)
- 1/3 cup tahini (find our store-bought tahini review here)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 stalk green onion, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender (starting with the lesser amount of water) and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust, adding more lemon juice for brightness, maple syrup or honey for sweetness, or garlic for spiciness and zing. You can also add more water 1 tablespoon at a time to reach your desired consistency.
- Enjoy with veggies, falafel, chicken, fish, or on grain bowls. Store leftover sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Not freezer friendly.
Leave a Comment & Rating!