How much do I love avocados? Let me count the ways.
Allow me to add one more: Greek Guacamole. Hello.
This recipe inspired by my love for all things Mediterranean food, and, of course, guacamole*. How have I not combined the two sooner?
*Note: you can learn more about the origins of guacamole here.
The idea is simple! Swap traditional guacamole ingredients–like lime and cilantro–for Mediterranean-friendly flavors–like lemon, sun-dried + fresh tomatoes, oregano + parsley, and kalamata olives. Plus, just 8 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 10 minutes required.
The result is a savory, extremely flavorful dip that’s like guacamole, but on a whole other level. Basically, imagine guacamole and greek salad made a baby.
I hope you guys love this dip! It’s:
Packed with veggies + herbs
This would make the perfect dip to go alongside Mediterranean-inspired entrées, especially my Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes, Chickpea Shawarma Salad, Chickpea Shawarma Sandwich, and Easy Vegan Falafel.
You can dip it with virtually anything, even tortilla chips! But my favorite is pita chips. Serious yum.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our e-mail list to receive our FREE 15-recipe Detox Guide, and one BONUS recipe sent straight to your inbox every month in 2016. That’s FREE content that won’t be shared anywhere else! Don’t miss out.
- 2 large ripe avocados (halved, pit removed)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 heaping Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp diced ripe cherry tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or sub fresh)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 4 whole kalamata olives (pitted and chopped // optional)
- 1 pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- Add avocado and lemon juice to a large mixing bowl and use a potato masher, pastry cutter, or large fork to mash and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients (olives are optional), and stir to combine (see photo). Sample and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Adjust other flavors if needed, adding more lemon for acidity, sun-dried tomato for deeper tomato flavor, onion for crunch/spice, or parsley or oregano.
- Enjoy immediately with pita, pita chips, or vegetables! Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients or sides.
Leave a Comment & Rating!