When the temperatures rise, the refreshing drinks arrive! Enter this naturally sweetened strawberry margarita bursting with fresh strawberry flavor and the perfect tart-sweet balance!
Made in just 5 minutes (really!) with just 4 ingredients, it doesn’t get any easier! Rev up your blenders, friends — let’s make some drinks!
What is in a Margarita?
A traditional margarita is a cocktail made of tequila, lime juice, and a citrus liqueur such as triple sec or cointreau. It’s usually shaken with ice, poured over ice, and served in a glass with a salty rim. YUM. You can learn more about the origin of margaritas here!
How to Make a Fresh Strawberry Margarita
Now, what about a strawberry margarita? This version has FRESH strawberries for big strawberry flavor! Then we add maple syrup for natural sweetness, lime juice for tartness + classic margarita vibes, ice for the perfect texture, and of course tequila. Time to blend!
After blending, you can taste and adjust if desired. Too sweet? More lime juice! Too tart? More maple syrup! Transfer to a glass to enjoy straight up, or serve over ice (our preference!). A salted rim and garnish of lime and strawberry make it feel extra festive!
We hope you LOVE this strawberry margarita! It’s:
& SO delicious!
This margarita is perfect for fresh strawberry season or when you’re craving a vibrant, refreshing drink on a hot day. It would also be a fun addition to a taco party and works well as a batch drink for groups! Can we get an invite?
More Refreshing Strawberry Recipes
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- Rhubarb Strawberry Margaritas
- Strawberry Watermelon Chia Smoothie
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Fresh Strawberry Margarita (5 Minutes!)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tequila (1/4 cup equals 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- To a high-speed blender, add your sliced strawberries, maple syrup, tequila, ice, and lime juice. Blend on high until smooth. Serve over ice or straight up!
- Can be made up to 1 day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Or, freeze into ice cubes and blend with a small amount of extra water.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!