I’ve made watermelon margaritas before, but none as simple as this.
We’re talking 3 ingredients.
Just lime juice.
Just blended watermelon.
And let me tell you, it truly is the best watermelon marg on the block (pats self on shoulder).
This recipe is as easy as it gets!
To make watermelon juice simply throw a bunch of watermelon in a blender and blend into juice! Straining is optional to remove any seeds/pulp, but it’s hardly worth the fuss.
Add some lime to your watermelon and a shot (or two) of tequila and shake, shake, shake.
Line a couple of glasses with lime and sea salt and you’re golden.
I hope you LOVE these margaritas! They’re:
& Seriously delicious
These are the perfect margaritas for summertime. Whip up a batch of watermelon juice for impromptu happy hours all week!
I made them for a friend’s shower recently and everyone raved. I knew I had to share the recipe on the blog, no matter how simple it was.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Best Watermelon Margaritas (3 Ingredients!)
- 1 1/4 cups watermelon juice (1 small ripe watermelon yields ~3-5 cups juice)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 5 Tbsp silver tequila (5 Tbsp = 2 1/2 ounces)
- Sea salt (optional // for lining rim)
- Pack a large blender full of cubed ripe watermelon (with or without seeds) and blend until you have a juice. One small watermelon should yield roughly 3-5 cups (720-1200 ml), so you will have leftover juice (as original recipe is written) for extra margaritas. You can choose to strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds or pulp, but I didn't find it necessary.
- To make margaritas, add watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine. Sample a small amount and adjust flavor as needed, adding more watermelon juice for sweetness, lime juice for acidity, or tequila for booziness.
- Line the rim of two serving glasses (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) with lime juice and sea salt (optional). Add ice and pour over margaritas.
- Best when fresh! Leftover watermelon juice will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.