Consider dinner plans sorted thanks to this new weeknight-friendly pasta with pesto-seasoned crispy baked tofu and veggies! Made with simple methods in under an hour, it’s the perfect combination of comfort, ease, nourishment, and FLAVOR.
Just 7 ingredients required for this crowd-pleasing, plant-based meal. Let us show you how it’s done!
First came the pesto tofu and now come the pesto tofu BOWLS! But instead of the tofu cooking on its own, it now has some friends in the form of cherry tomatoes and shallots.
When roasted, the veggies become sweet and tender and the tofu becomes golden brown with crispy edges.
We hope you LOVE this tofu pesto pasta bowl! It’s:
Quick & easy
& Perfect for weeknights!
More Flavorful Tofu Recipes
- Easy Vegan Stuffed Shells
- Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets
- Easy Tofu Pad Thai
- Vegan Palak Paneer with Curried Tofu
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Pesto Pasta Bowls with Crispy Tofu & Veggies
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 ½ cups sliced shallots (~4 medium shallots // or sub red onion)
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 oz. dry pasta of choice (gluten-free as needed // we like Jovial Fusilli)
- 3 Tbsp vegan pesto (or store-bought*)
- 1 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese (optional // or sub store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C).
- Add whole cherry tomatoes and sliced shallots to a bare baking sheet, then add the oil and salt and toss to evenly coat. If you haven't already made the crispy pesto tofu, prepare it now using this recipe, as it will cook at the same temperature and time as the veggies!
- Bake veggies and tofu for 35 minutes, tossing the tofu at the 20-minute mark. The shallots should be softened and some of the tomatoes beginning to split.
- While the veggies and tofu are in the oven, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta and return to the pot with heat off. Add pesto and vegan parmesan (optional) and stir to combine.
- Leftovers keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Not freezer friendly.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with Le Grand Garden Pesto and Jovial Brown Rice Fusilli, and without optional ingredients.