Chocolate? Absolutely. Vegan chocolate? Even better. Vegan chocolate pot de crème that requires just 3 ingredients and tastes like the REAL deal!? Now we’re talkin’!
Thanks to the magic of silken tofu (don’t knock it till you try it!), we’re bringing you this indulgent, intensely chocolaty, totally classic dessert that’s as easy to prepare as it is to enjoy. Perfect for impressing friends at gatherings, late-night chocolate cravings (we get it), and beyond! Let us show you how!
What is Chocolate Pot de Crème?
Pot de crème is a French dessert whose name, translated literally, means “pot of cream.” It’s typically a custard-style dessert, requiring a combination of milk, cream, and eggs, that’s cooked and chilled to achieve a thick and luscious result.
Our vegan twist is quick and easy and has a texture that’s similar to the real thing!
How to Make Vegan Pot de Crème
This version starts with blending silken tofu with maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. The vanilla and salt are optional but really step it up a notch!
Then it’s time to add melted dark chocolate…oh yes. Isn’t she dreamy!?
After blending, divide the chocolate pot de crème into the serving jars or glasses of your choice. Okay, bowls work, too, but she’s so pretty in glass. Then it’s chill time for you and the dessert! Take a load off!
Finally, after chilling, it’s time to enjoy! A dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkling of berries are optional, but oh-so elegant. Who’s ready for dessert?!
We can’t wait for you to try this vegan pot de crème! It’s:
& SO classic!
It’s an indulgent yet healthier dessert rich in iron, and it even has some protein and fiber, too! These pots of joy can be made ahead to enjoy throughout the week or whenever the chocolate craving strikes. They’re also ADORABLE, making them perfect for classy dinner parties, Mother’s Day, and beyond!
More Easy Chocolate Desserts
- Raw Double Chocolate Macaroons
- No-Bake Vegan Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
- Easy Vegan Truffles
- 7-Ingredient Brownie Bliss Balls (Made from Almond Pulp!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Chocolate Pot de Crème (Vegan)
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu (drained, we like Mori-Nu brand)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional, for flavor balance)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (ensure vegan-friendly as needed, we like Enjoy Life)
FOR SERVING optional
- Coconut whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- To a high-speed blender, add drained silken tofu, maple syrup, vanilla (optional), and salt (optional). Blend until smooth and well combined, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler on the stovetop, stirring occasionally, or in the microwave in 30-second increments. Once fully melted, quickly add to the high-speed blender with the tofu mixture and blend until smooth — about 1 minute — scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust, adding more maple syrup for sweetness if needed. Divide between individual serving cups or transfer to one large container. Chill (covered or uncovered is fine) for at least 1 hour and up to overnight, until fully chilled and set. To serve, enjoy as is or top with coconut whipped cream and/or fresh berries (both optional).
- Keeps covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. It should also freeze well!