This salad combines all of my very favorite things at the moment: quinoa, curry paste, tahini, and all the vegetables.
It’s tangy, it’s vibrant, it’s fresh, and it’s the perfect side dish or salad main to lift you out of any winter eating rut. Let’s do this!
The base for this 10-ingredient recipe is quinoa cooked with curry powder until tender. Then come fresh vegetables, herbs, and an utterly delicious tahini green curry paste dressing I’ve been putting on everything lately.
The result is a hearty, savory dish that is easy, delicious, and quite versatile (adapt to what season you’re experiencing).
For my salad “toppings,” I went with radish, bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro. Pomegranate arils are another colorful addition that adds another wave of color and texture. Swoon.
I hope you all LOVE this salad. It’s:
& Super tasty
This would be a great dish to bring as a side to dinner parties and to have around as a snack or entrée, and it’s especially great as leftovers. Add this atop some greens and throw on some ripe avocado for an even heartier, satisfying main.
If you’re into curry recipes, be sure to check out my Curried Lentil & Vegetable Kale Salad, my Green Curry Paste (used in the salad dressing), Curried Roasted Cashews, Yellow Pumpkin Curry, and Thai Yellow Curry with Mango!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. Cheers, friends!
Curried Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa (well rinsed and drained)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced)
- 3 whole radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (optional)
- 4 stalks green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp nut or seed of choice (e.g. hemp seeds or roasted cashews) (optional)
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Add quinoa to a small saucepan and toast over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn. Then add salt, curry powder, and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside off heat, uncovered, to cool – at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare dressing by adding curry paste, tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and oil (optional) and whisk to combine. Then add water to thin until a pourable dressing is achieved.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, lemon for acidity, salt for saltiness, or curry paste for intense curry flavor.
- Add all ingredients (quinoa mostly cooled) to a mixing bowl and top with dressing. Then toss to combine and serve. Enjoy at room temperature or chill. Garnish with additional pomegranate, radish, green onion, or cilantro (optional).
- Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Dressing will keep for 5 days.
*Dressing adapted from my Curry Roasted Lentil Salad.