Do you have morning rituals?
Our day typically starts by heading straight to the kitchen for some ginger lemon water.
Let us show you how easy it is to incorporate this nourishing, 3-ingredient beverage into your day (perfect morning, day, and night!).
It starts with fresh sliced ginger, lemons, and ground turmeric.
We like to throw the ginger slices into our mugs, top with lemon juice (and the juiced lemon), and a dash of ground turmeric.
You can also add fresh black pepper or cayenne pepper for heat. Black pepper also increases the bioavailability of the turmeric.
Simply add boiling hot water, wait a few minutes for the mixture to steep, and enjoy.
We hope you love this simple lemon water. It’s:
Simple & quick
This is the perfect way to start your day, and is especially comforting in the colder months. We make this all day when we’re feeling sick. And even occasionally enjoy a mug in the evenings to wind down before bed.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
3-Ingredient Ginger Lemon Water
- 1 large lemon (rinsed)
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger (rinsed, peeling optional)
- 1 dash ground turmeric
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil (you'll need about 2 cups total (480 ml)).
- Slice lemon in half and juice each half into a serving mug (each mug gets half of the lemon). Be sure to place the juiced lemon halves in the mugs as well to infuse more flavor (see photo).
- Add sliced ginger and a dash of ground turmeric. Black pepper and cayenne are optional but bring more balance and heat. Black pepper also increases the bioavailability of turmeric.
- Top with boiling water and wait a few minutes for the flavors to infuse. Enjoy. Best when fresh. Can be enjoyed up to 24 hours later if stored in the refrigerator and reheated. Not freezer friendly.