Well hello there sexy hot chocolate. Didn’t expect to see you there.
This hot chocolate is not only sexy it’s for a good cause. Minimalist Baker and five amazing food bloggers collaborated to create a downloadable e-cookbook to benefit Charity Water – one of our absolute favorite non-profits that works to provide clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Here is just a glimpse at the amazing work they do. (Ugly girl sobs are welcomed.)
Minimalist Baker teamed up with Kelsey of Happyolks, Erin of Naturally Ella, Kate of Cookie and Kate, Ashley of Edible Perspective and Kristin of Iowa Girl Eats to bring you an amazing E-Cookbook that is completely FREE to download. All we ask in return is that you visit the Charity Water campaign page and consider making a donation. Charity Water puts 100% of funds raised directly toward the cause, which in this case will be to fund water projects in Ethiopia where 60% of the population does not have access to clean, drinking water.
Our goal is to raise $1,000, which may seem like a lofty goal, but we’re ambitious and plenty hopeful. Even $1 can make a huge difference in the lives of people in need so we hope you’ll consider making a contribution. (Not to mention, it would make a lovely holiday gift for family and friends.)
This luscious s’mores hot chocolate is just one of 9 recipes you’ll find inside the 1 Cup Water E-cookbook, which is now free for download. All of the recipes contain at least one cup of water, which serves as a reminder to us that the abundance of clean water we have access to truly is a luxury.
Download the cookbook for even more delicious recipes like this delicious s’mores hot chocolate, which is so easy to throw together. And it’s so delicious it’s practically dessert in a mug!
I LOVED how it turned out. The hot chocolate was perfectly creamy and sweet. The graham cracker crumbs met my lips with a sweet surprise at every sip. And the toasty marshmallows absolutely MADE it. If you prefer mix hot chocolates, simply skip the hot cocoa part and add your favorite mix to the mug. The graham cracker rim and toasty marshmallows are what really sets this recipe apart. Hope you love it as much as we did!
- 2 cups milk, any kind
- 1 cup water (or use 3 c milk)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp light chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp non-bitter stevia (or add 1-2 Tbsp more sugar to taste)
- pinch salt
- graham crackers, crushed (for lining rim)
- ½ cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to low broil and move oven rack to the second from the top (high enough up to broil your marshmallows). Place baking sheet on rack.
- Heat milk and water in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through – about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overheat or scald.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar, stevia and salt and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Meanwhile, take a few marshmallows and rub them around the top of your mugs so the graham crackers will stick. Then, dip mug in graham cracker crumbs until well lined. You could also add some graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your mug for extra graham flavor.
- Pour in hot chocolate and top with ¼ cup marshmallows each. Carefully set mugs on the baking sheet in the oven and broil marshmallows until browned, watching carefully as to not let them burn.
- Carefully remove from the oven with a towel and serve with holders or a small towel to protect hand from heat (they should cool quickly for handling). Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and extra graham cracker crumbs for serving (optional).
* Also, you could add a shot of Kahlua or Bailey’s to make it a boozy hot chocolate.
Now go, and enjoy a FREE download of our 1 Cup Water E-Cookbook. Then, forward it to your friends, Pin it, Tweet it, give it as a gift, or keep it to yourself. Just don’t forget to visit Charity Water and consider making a contribution. It will be some of the best money you spend this holiday season, promise.
John, Dana and the 1 Cup Water E-Cookbook team