OK, can you just indulge me for a moment?
I know what this looks like: Unadulterated, full on fat kid food. That’s because it is.
But if there’s one thing I’ve learned about life thus far it’s that time flies and life really is short and you’ve got to take advantage of moments and experiences when you can. Otherwise they’re gone in a snap and you wake up one day and realize you never did any of the things you said you wanted to do (whoa, that escalated quickly.) But seriously.
You know how it goes. You say you’re going to swim all summer long because winter was dreadful, but you only make it to the pool once. Or you beat yourself up for having one too many chocolates at that party last night, but in reality you didn’t gain a single ounce and all that energy was wasted on stress and guilt when it could’ve been used to enjoy your company and that last delectable bite.
Have I plead my case? Are you convinced to live in the moment and enjoy the little things? I hope so. And I also hope that one of those “little things” is one of these s’more(o)s. Because dang girl, you deserve it.
The best thing about these S’moreos* is that they can be made inside or out so you don’t need a campfire or fire pit! You only need an oven with a broiler and you’re good to go.
What else is simple about them? 3 ingredients, 5 minutes and 1 pan required. Does it get any better? I think not.
The assembly is super simple, too. Just top half of your Oreos with a marshmallow, toast until golden brown, drizzle with salty peanut butter and smoosh down with your other Oreo.
Voila! It’s as easy as that.
Boom, it’s magic. These S’moreos are LEGIT. You’re going to love them! They’re
Oozing with toasted marshmallow goodness
Customizable (add a peanut butter cup or strawberry jam instead of PB!)
And perfect any time of year
Here’s what I suggest: Invite over some friends, challenge everyone to revisit their summer bucket list and knock off at least one more item before we up and slip into fall.
Life is short! Oreos deserve to be upgraded with peanut butter and marshmallow. Just do it.
And if you do, be sure to take a picture of your gathering OR your solo-lady S’moreo party and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! I’d love to see you in action living it up this summer. Cheers!
- 20 Oreos (Find Gluten Free varieties in select stores, such as Trader Joe's)
- 10 Marshmallows (Find vegan friendly brands in notes)
- 5 Tbsp salted natural creamy peanut butter (slightly warmed until pourable)
- Place an oven rack on the second highest position and preheat oven to high broil.
- Place 10 Oreos on a baking sheet and top with a marshmallow (or several minis).
- Broil on high for 1-3 minutes, watching closely, until toasted and deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top each with 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter (briefly warm in microwave if not pourable), then top with second Oreo.
- Consume immediately.