No Bake Cookie Pancakes. Vegan, no butter, no added sugar, and featuring my favorite new condiment…
No Bake Cookie Sprinkles!!!!
Or, sprankles as I like to call them. They’re essentially my No Bake Cookie Bars only not in bar form. I keep them crumbly so I can add them to things like yogurt, almond butter toast and pancakes!
These pancakes are a spin-off of my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes, which have made close to 200,000 friends on Pinterest. Gee, must be their charm…or their ooey gooey chocolate chip frosting.
The base of these cakes is banana and oats, which cuts the need for sugar and hardly any flour. Then, we add a healthy scoop of cocoa powder to the mix and plenty of no bake cookie sprinkles, and the result? A refined sugar-, butter-free stack of goodness that nearly passes as a straight up no bake cookie. Breakfast of champions? Uhh, yes please!
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp milk (I used almond)
- 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (or gluten free oats)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat or unbleached flour (or sub other flour)
- 1/4 cup no bake cookie sprinkles* (+ 2 Tbsp for topping)
- * To prepare no bake cookie sprinkles, pulse 9 dates, 1/4 cup oats, 1.5 tbsp natural salted peanut butter, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips in food processor until small crumbles remain and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-low heat and prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes.
- Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
- Add flax egg, oil, salt, vanilla, almond milk and stir.
- Stir in oats, flour and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Add no bake cookie sprinkles and fold gently. Add more almond milk if too thick.
- Scoop 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Be careful not to burn - they will be slightly soft in the middle from the banana.
- Serve with another healthy scoop of no bake cookie sprinkles - in between each layer if you dare.
* The no bake cookie sprinkles are key in this recipe - don't leave them out!