Oh hey there. How has your week been? If the answer is good, bad or ugly, I bet you’d still take a drink, no? If so, you’re in the right place. John makes a great bartender.
I have just the cocktail for you. It’s one that John made me a few weeks back on a random Saturday afternoon at the request of ”something grapefruity and lime-ish,” and I’ve been pining after it ever since. Freshly squeezed grapefruit and lime juice, two types of booze, and a touch of tonic water for a bubbly effect. Mmm, bubbles.
Simple cocktail perfection is what I like to call it. Or, you could call it a grapefruit lime spritzer. Your call. The grapefruit adds plenty of sweetness while the tart lime offsets it perfectly, and I don’t say that loosely. PER-FECT-LY. The booze doesn’t hurt either. Just sayin’.
Magazine reading, TV watching, dinner party, evening in for one (or two). These are are just a few occasions this drink would be perfect for. Personally, I preferred the magazine reading, but do what you will. I won’t judge.
- 1 large grapefruit, juiced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces (6 Tbsp) vodka
- 1.5 ounces (3 Tbsp) triple sec
- 1/2 cup tonic water
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Add grapefruit juice, lime juice, vodka, triple sec and 6-8 ice cubes to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add ice to two serving glasses and then add a Tablespoon or two of tonic water, so the alcohol doesn’t settle at the bottom.
- Next, pour the cocktail mixture evenly into the two glasses, leaving a little room on top for more tonic water. Top off with tonic and garnish with fresh slices of grapefruit and lime. Serve immediately. Yum.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 beverage; recipe yields two servings