My favorite cookie has always been white chocolate macadamia nut but this recipe takes the obsession to a whole new level. Plus, it’s made with wheat flour so they’re practically health food. You’re welcome, Santa.
These cookies are about as simple as they come: 30 minutes from start to finish and one bowl required, meaning minimal effort and clean up. That’s my kind of cookie.
I can’t help but suggest these are the perfect cookie to leave behind for Santa because they’re slightly heartier thanks to whole wheat pastry flour and are a nice break from the usual chocolate chip. Plus, the berries make them festive. I believe I’ve made my case.
Oh man these were so good, for breakfast even! (Sshhh, I won’t tell.) Buttery, slightly crisp, moist, white chocolate chips in every bite with an occasional bright, tart note from the cranberries. Friends, this is cookie simplicity at its finest.
Whole Wheat White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies with Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened // 1 stick equals 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more for topping)
- 1 heaping cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or bar (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and cream butter in a large bowl or Kitchenaid mixer. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add egg, vanilla, sea salt and beat again.
- Sift in whole wheat flour and baking soda and mix until well incorporated, scraping down sides again as needed.
- Add white chocolate and cranberries and stir until well combined. Then chill dough for 10 minutes while oven continues preheating.
- Shape cookies into rounded 1 Tbsp balls, press down slightly onto a parchment-lined or un-greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt (I recommend a healthy pinch).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and let set on sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. These are excellent served immediately or the next day and would also keep well in the freezer for several weeks.
Nutrition (1 of 20 servings)
adapted from simply recipes