Welcome to our new favorite dessert: a chewy, gooey, oh-so delicious SKILLET cookie! It’s one of the easiest desserts we’ve ever made. Just stir, spread, bake, and enjoy. No scooping or mixer required!
It’s undetectably vegan and gluten-free, generously studded with chocolate, and has a creamy tahini cookie base sweetened with maple syrup. Ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s going to be your new go-to! Get your skillet — let’s make a BIG cookie.
This BIG cookie party starts off with a luscious combination of tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla. We’ve been coming back to this trio again and again because it’s pure savory-sweet magic! It also happens to make this recipe almost oil-free (besides lightly greasing the skillet to prevent sticking).
The remaining ingredients before we get to the chocolate? Baking powder, sea salt, almond flour, and tapioca starch. They combine for a tender, fudgy dough that your spoon will glide through with ease!
Now to the BEST part of any chocolate chip cookie: CHOCOLATE! We wouldn’t want you to feel slighted, so we ensure this cookie has a generous amount of chocolate chips/chunks. You’re welcome.
After spreading the dough into a cast iron skillet, it’s ready to bake and enjoy!
We hope you LOVE this skillet cookie! It’s:
Easy to make
& SO delicious!
More Sweet Treats with Tahini
- Tahini Sweet Potato Blondies
- Easy Tahini Cookies (Vegan + GF)
- Tahini-Stuffed Dates (AKA Tahini Bombs!)
- Creamy Vanilla Tahini Shake
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Tahini Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1/2 cup tahini (creamy/drippy // find our favorite brands here)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour (we like Wellbee’s)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks or chips (ensure vegan/dairy-free as needed // we like Enjoy Life)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and lightly grease an 8-10 inch cast iron skillet (or cake pan) with avocado oil or coconut oil. Set aside.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Add almond flour and tapioca starch and stir well with a wooden spoon or spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Press the dough into the prepared skillet using the palm of your hand to smooth the top. Bake for 17-19 minutes until golden.
- Best when fresh/warm, but it does reheat well. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. To reheat, we suggest microwaving in 10-second increments until warmed through.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.