I recently helped throw a bridal shower for a friend and it was the host’s brilliant idea to have a smoothie bar along with gourmet s’mores around a fire pit. Best, shower, ever.
I was selected as the smoothie recipe generator, so I offered up a few variations that were made into recipe cards for the guests to follow. This recipe for Summer in a Cup was one of them, which just so happened to be a total fave among guests.
If you like berries, citrus and sweet-creamy smoothies, this is the recipe for you.
It starts with frozen banana and loads of frozen raspberries. This provides a cold, creamy-thick base, as well as a sweet-tart flavor contrast. Next comes unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk, orange juice and pomegranate juice for the perfect mix of creamy, sweet and tart.
This smoothie truly is summer in a cup.
What’s it taste like?
Not too tart
Of all of the smoothies I’ve made (and I’ve made a lot), this is definitely one of my favorites to date!
If you want, add a handful of greens for extra nutrition (although it will likely turn it a not-so-flattering hue). Add silken tofu for a protein boost.
If you make this smoothie – and you totally should – take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with! Cheers and happy (almost) summer!
Summer in a Cup Smoothie
- 1 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 large ripe, sliced and frozen banana (1 banana yields ~1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup Plain Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add more milk or fruit juice if too thick. Add more frozen banana if not sweet enough. Serve immediately. Freezes well (or make into Popsicles).
Leave a Comment & Rating!