Pizza for breakfast is always a good idea! And since our Easy Vegan Sausage Crumbles are tasty on (real) pizza, we thought: What about a nourishing vegan breakfast bowl inspired by pizza? It’s a winner, friends!
Just 30 minutes required for this protein-packed, plant-based dish with savory roasted veggies, potatoes, and Italian-inspired tempeh sausage. Let us show you how it’s done!
These savory, nourishing vegan breakfast bowls begin with roasting a colorful array of veggies that sweeten as they cook: red onion, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Potatoes provide heartiness, comfort, and that classic breakfast touch!
While the veggies are roasting, it’s time to make the protein: tempeh “sausage.” Cubed tempeh takes a whirl in the food processor with Italian-inspired spices and then gets cooked to perfection and seasoned with tamari and maple syrup for BIG flavor.
The last step is to combine it all in your favorite bowl and top with optional avocado, parsley, and hot sauce.
We hope you LOVE these breakfast bowls! They’re:
Quick & easy
Perfect for meal prep
& Remind us of pizza!
While super satisfying for breakfast, these bowls are a delicious meal any time of the day! To make them for meal prep, we recommend making the tempeh sausage and roasted veggies up to 3-4 days ahead and reheating them in a cast iron skillet to help them crisp up when ready to eat.
More Savory Vegan Breakfasts
- Vegan Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
- Fluffy Chickpea Scramble (30 Minutes!)
- Easy Baked Beans on Toast (British-Inspired)
- Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito (30 Minutes!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Savory Vegan Breakfast Bowls (Pizza-Inspired!)
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (2 potatoes yield ~3 cups or 500 g)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced (1/2 small red onion yields ~1 cup or 125 g)
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced (1 small pepper yields ~1 cup or 88 g)
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 ½ tsp dried Italian herbs (or sub dried basil and oregano)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 batch Easy Vegan Sausage Crumbles
- Avocado (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, red onion, and green bell pepper to the baking sheet and drizzle with olive or avocado oil. Add the Italian herbs, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes (optional), and toss well until evenly coated.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown, the onions are slightly caramelized, and the tomatoes are beginning to burst.
- While your veggies roast, make the Easy Vegan Sausage Crumbles.
- When the veggies and sausage are done, divide between serving bowls and top with sliced avocado, parsley, and hot sauce (all optional). Leftovers keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Tempeh sausage can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Reheat leftovers, covered, in the microwave or oven (in an oven-safe baking dish) or on the stovetop over low heat until warmed through.
Leave a Comment & Rating!