Learn our go-to technique for perfect roasted carrots that are tender with caramelized crispy edges (every time)! Just 1 pan and 4 ingredients required. Perfect for the holidays and beyond! Let us show you how it’s done!
The beauty of these carrots is their versatility.
The basic recipe includes salt and pepper, which add plenty of flavor and go with just about anything. But they can also be seasoned depending on what else you’re making. If your meal involves herby flavors, you can add thyme and/or rosemary. Or if it’s Indian-inspired, curry powder is a delicious addition.
Side note: You can learn about the origins of curry powder and find our DIY recipe here.
Now, are you ready for the secrets to perfectly roasted carrots?
- The right temperature – it should not be so hot that they burn or so low that they don’t get crispy edges. We’ve found 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 C) to be perfect!
- Cut evenly – the more evenly you cut the pieces, the more evenly they will cook. Be sure to halve large segments so they’re evenly sized.
- Avoid crowding the pan – crowding the pan causes them to steam instead of roasting, which prevents the edges from browning.
We hope you LOVE these roasted carrots! They’re:
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- Moroccan-Spiced Roasted Carrots
- How to Roast Cauliflower
- Easy Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Oil-Free Roasted Vegetables
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Perfect Roasted Carrots (Quick & Easy)
- 5 cups chopped carrots (~1 ⅓ lb. as recipe is written // peeled and sliced on an angle into 1 ½-inch pieces, any larger pieces closer to stem halved — see photo)
- 2-3 tsp oil (see notes for oil-free and less-oil options)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped herbs, such as rosemary or thyme (optional)
- 1-2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add carrots to the baking sheet and drizzle with oil and maple syrup, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and, optionally, fresh herbs or curry powder (whichever flavor profile matches your accompanying dish(es) best). Rub/stir to evenly distribute.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes, or until carrots are golden brown and slightly caramelized, tossing near the halfway point to ensure even cooking. Enjoy as is, or in bowls and salads or as a side to nearly any main.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Not freezer friendly. Reheat in a 375 F (190 C) oven, in the microwave, or on the stovetop over medium heat until hot.
*See our oil-free roasted vegetables guide here!