Okay friends, there’s a new energy bite in town and it’s on major repeat in our kitchen. It’s no secret that we love cardamom (hello, chai!) and orange (juice, anyone?), but when we combined them with our Salted Cashew Caramel Energy Bites, something magical happened, and the Orange Cardamom Energy Bite was born! (Happy birthday, bites!)
These bites are sweet, zesty, and decadent and perfect for a quick snack or sweet treat after dinner. Just 6 ingredients, 15 minutes, and 1 food processor stand between you and these delicious bites! Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make Orange Cardamom Energy Bites
These bites are seriously simple to make! First, you’ll gather a handful of ingredients:
- Medjool dates – sweet dried dates provide the naturally sweetened, sticky base that tastes like caramel and supplies potassium, magnesium, and more. We love you, dates!
- Cashews and coconut – packed with healthy fats and fiber, this duo balances the stickiness of the dates and makes these bites filling and nourishing.
- Sea salt – sea salt + caramel…need we say more?
- Cardamom – originating in India, this fragrant spice works beautifully in baking but has also been used medicinally for its digestive health benefits and more!
- Orange zest – a beautiful pairing for cardamom, orange zest adds a subtle orange flavor, but did you know it’s good for you, too?
Then you’ll process them until the cashews are crumbly and the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
Next, you’ll roll the “dough” into balls.
And optionally, roll them in a sweet and zesty coating of orange zest, shredded coconut, and coconut sugar. Swoon!
We hope you LOVE these energy bites! They’re:
& SO Delicious!
We love having them around for a sweet treat after meals or as an afternoon snack! They pair beautifully alongside a chai latte or cup of coffee.
More Quick & Easy Snack Recipes
- Crispy BBQ Roasted Chickpeas
- Almond Joy Energy Bites (6 Ingredients!)
- Easy Flourless Granola Cookies
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Orange Cardamom Energy Bites (No-Bake!)
- 1 cup (packed) pitted dates* (measured after pitting // 11 medjool dates yield ~1 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews (if nut-free, sub seed of choice, such as hemp or sunflower)
- 1/2 cup desiccated or shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 – 1 ½ tsp ground cardamom (depending on the freshness of your cardamom, and your personal preference)
- 1/2 tsp (packed) orange zest*
- 1 tsp (packed) orange zest
- 3 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- To a food processor add pitted dates, cashews, coconut, sea salt, cardamom, and orange zest. Note: If you don’t have a food processor you can try using a blender, but dates can be tough for blenders due to their sticky nature, so use a low speed if possible and pulse rather than blending.
- Pulse until the mixture is broken down and crumbly — we like to stop before it becomes completely dough-like so that the bites maintain some texture. It should stick together when pressed between two fingers; if still dry and crumbly, continue processing until it is sticky enough to form into a ball. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more cardamom, orange zest, or salt to taste.
- If using the coconut coating, prepare that at this time. In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, desiccated coconut, and coconut sugar. Now it’s time to roll the balls!
- Scoop out 1-Tbsp amounts and roll into balls. As the original recipe is written, ~16 balls. If using the coating, roll the balls in the coating until generously covered.
- Enjoy immediately or store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 1 month. We enjoy these right out of the fridge or after sitting at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
*1 orange yields ~1 tsp orange zest.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!