We’re 7 days into the new year. How’s it going so far?
I don’t know if you made any resolutions, but perhaps these wholesome, easy-to-make energy bites can help you stick with any healthy eating-related goals. They’re packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber, and they taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Yes, all of your dreams can come true. Let me show you how!
These energy bites require just 7 ingredients, 15 minutes, and 1 bowl to make!
The base is peanut butter, maple syrup, protein powder, and oats. Flaxseeds and chia seeds are added for plant-based protein and fiber plus a serving of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids!
The “jelly” in this recipe comes from dried fruit. I personally love dried strawberries, cherries, and blueberries, but virtually any dried fruit will do.
I hope you all love these energy bites! They’re:
Easy to make
Chewy + Delicious
Full of protein (~5 g protein per bite!)
& Super healthy!
These would make the perfect on-the-go snack or healthy dessert. They pack easily and keep in the freezer for at least 1 month! I personally love reaching for 1 or 2 in the afternoon with tea. They’re the perfect little pick-me-up.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. We’d love to see your energy bites in action. Cheers, friends!
- 1/2 cup (128 g) creamy salted peanut butter (or almond, cashew, or sunbutter)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup (or sub finely chopped dates)
- 2 Tbsp (~ 10 g) vegan protein powder* (optional - just omit if you don’t have any)
- 1 1/4 cup (112 g) gluten-free rolled oats*
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (17.5 g) flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp (24 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (30 g) dried fruit (i.e. dried strawberries, cherries, blueberries, cranberries)
- To a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, protein powder, rolled oats, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and dried fruit of choice. Mix until well combined. If too dry/crumbly, add more peanut butter or maple syrup. If too sticky or wet, add a little bit more oats or flaxseed meal.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Then scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp amounts (I like using this scoop) and roll into balls. The "dough" should yield about 13-14 balls.
- Enjoy immediately and store well-sealed leftovers in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month (or more).
*For protein powder recommendations, check out my Vegan Protein Powder Review post, which notes Bob's Red Mill Protein Powder as my favorite!
*Adapted from the lovely Gimme Some Oven.