Sometimes we have BOLD ideas that sound amazing but do not work out. And other times, they turn out better than we ever imagined (that’s this one!). Meet creamy, addictively delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream made without an ice cream maker!
It’s everything you know and love about classic mint chip ice cream (sweet, minty perfection), but made vegan, maple-sweetened, and with just 8 simple ingredients! Enjoy it soft serve style from the food processor or blender or freeze for a quick, healthier dessert whenever the craving strikes. Let’s get our mint chip on, friends!
How to Make No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This dairy-free delight starts with coconut milk and cashew butter for a creamy texture, plus fresh mint and peppermint extract for that classic “mint chip” taste. We naturally sweeten with maple syrup and add matcha (optional) for color!
We throw it all together in a blender to create a luscious green base with big St. Patrick’s Day vibes!
Next, we freeze the mixture in an ice cube tray for at least 6 hours. (Note that it will keep for up to two days if you want to do that step ahead of time!)
Then once frozen, we transfer the creamy, minty cubes to a food processor (or blender) and give it a whirl! This technique of blending, freezing, then food processing is what gives us creamy ice cream with no ice cream maker required!
Lastly, we pulse in chocolate chips (obviously) and it’s ready to dig in! We love enjoying this ice cream in “soft serve” form (fresh from the food processor), but it’s also delicious refrozen and scooped later!
We hope you LOVE this vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream! It’s:
& SO delicious!
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- No-Churn Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Easy Banana Ice Cream (Tips + 10 Flavors!)
- Creamy Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Vegan, No Churn!)
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can full-fat coconut milk (use a smooth, creamy brand // we used Field Day)
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp matcha powder (optional // for green color)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- 2-6 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (ensure vegan/dairy-free as needed // we used Enjoy Life)
- ICE CUBES: At least 6 hours before you wish to enjoy the soft serve, prepare the coconut milk ice cubes.
- For the ice cubes, place the coconut milk, cashew butter, mint leaves, peppermint extract, maple syrup, vanilla, matcha (if using), and salt (if using) into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth with no remaining pieces of mint leaves — about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to an ice cube tray — it should make ~14-16 standard-size ice cubes. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- SOFT SERVE: To a food processor (our preferred method) or high-speed blender, add all of the coconut milk ice cubes, along with 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of almond milk. Pulse or blend until all of the ice cubes have completely broken down and you have a thick, smooth consistency. You may need to stop and stir a few times to get it moving, or add more almond milk 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time until it mixes more easily. If using a blender, use the blender’s tamper, pressing down to help it mix.
- Once you have reached a semi-smooth consistency, add in the chocolate chips (starting with the lesser amount and adding more to taste) and pulse/mix until they have evenly dispersed but are still in small, distinct pieces. Enjoy immediately!
- If storing for later, place in an airtight container and freeze. Once refrozen, the texture will be firm, scoopable, and creamy but will be much more dense/icy than the fresh soft serve.