Yep, it’s about that time. Summer is almost here and it already feels like it in the Midwest. I’ve already started setting my alarm to get up early so I can squeeze in my morning walk/run without burning up.
This recipe is super simple, requiring just 30 minutes and 5 ingredients! Mango, matcha green tea powder, coconut milk, agave (or sweetener or choice) and lemon juice.
If you don’t have a popsicle mold, just use my dixie cup and wooden spoon method (works like a charm).
If you’ve never experienced matcha you’re missing out. It’s basically green tea on steroids because it’s green tea leaves ground into edible powder. Hiiii-ya!
When ingested straight instead of diluted tea form, you’re getting more than 10 times the vitamins, minerals, and cancer-fighting antioxidants green tea provides.
NOTE: Not all matcha is created equal! In my experience, the more vibrant the green hue the better. I found this extensive review by Healthy Happy Life extremely insightful. Check it out if you’re in the market for some matcha this summer.
These pops are magic in the mouth. They’re:
Loaded with health benefits
& Perfect for warmer weather
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2/3 cup full-fat (or light) coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup full-fat or light coconut milk
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Depending on which layer you want on the top of the Popsicle, prepare that first. I went with green tea.
- Add coconut milk, matcha powder and agave to blender and blend until smooth. Divide evenly between Popsicle molds – mine makes 6 small pops, so adjust as needed.
- Pop in the freezer to set briefly while you prepare the next layer. This will help them form two distinguished layers that don’t run together.
- Rinse out blender and add mango, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour over the green tea layer, tap to remove air bubbles, and gently insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least a few hours or until completely set.
- Remove from molds and enjoy! Store extras in a freezer-safe bag for up to a couple weeks, though best when fresh.