Last summer I struck a serious love affair with mangos. They’re so creamy, satisfying and naturally sweet (and super healthy), and lend themselves perfectly to smoothies, sorbet, and Popsicles!
Yep, it’s about that time. Summer is almost here and it already feels like it in the Midwest. I’ve already started setting my alarm to get up early so I can squeeze in my morning walk/run without burning up.
Around this time I start craving cold things in the morning like cereal and smoothies. And in the afternoon? Ice cream and popsicles is the way to go.
This recipe is super simple, requiring just 30 minutes and 5 ingredients! Mango, matcha green tea powder, coconut milk, agave (or sweetener or choice) and lemon juice.
If you don’t have a popsicle mold, just use my dixie cup and wooden spoon method (works like a charm).
If you’ve never experienced matcha you’re missing out. It’s basically green tea on steroids because it’s green tea leaves ground into edible powder. It contains 137 times more antioxidants than brewed green tea (like, whoa) and has been consumed as part of Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries.
NOTE: Not all matcha is created equal! In my experience, the more vibrant the green hue the better. Check out our matcha review for brand recommendations.
These pops are magic in the mouth. They’re:
Loaded with health benefits
& Perfect for warmer weather
Mango Green Tea Pops
Green Tea Layer
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2/3 cup full-fat (or light) coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 cup fresh mango (cubed)
- 1/4 cup full-fat or light coconut milk
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- Depending on which layer you want on the top of the Popsicle, prepare that first. I went with green tea.
- Add coconut milk, matcha powder and agave to blender and blend until smooth. Divide evenly between Popsicle molds – mine makes 6 small pops (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size), so adjust as needed.
- Pop in the freezer to set briefly while you prepare the next layer. This will help them form two distinguished layers that don’t run together.
- Rinse out blender and add mango, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour over the green tea layer, tap to remove air bubbles, and gently insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least a few hours or until completely set.
- Remove from molds and enjoy! Store extras in a freezer-safe bag for up to a couple weeks, though best when fresh.
Leave a Comment & Rating!