I’m guessing right about now you’re having some serious cookie regret. I only say that because that’s usually where I’m at Christmas week. So much indulgence, so many stretchy pants.
How about we offset some of that decadence with a healthy, 5 ingredient superfood smoothie? That’s what I thought we could all use…
This smoothie starts with a base of frozen berries. I can’t bear going without berries all winter long, so snagging frozen ones at the store is the perfect solution. Plus, they make a healthy and delicious base for smoothies.
Next we add in:
& A frozen banana
So creamy. So delicious.
Recently, I’ve also been digging silken tofu in my smoothies for added protein instead of almond or peanut butter, which I often do in this smoothie. But I count it as optional since it’s already seriously creamy and nutritious as is.
Oh mama. So much detoxifying goodness in the form of:
Omega 3 fatty acids
Does the body (seriously) good. Cheers!
(P.S. You should totally tell me the best gift you got this Christmas. I seriously want to know.)
5-Ingredient Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 cup organic spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup bananas (previously peeled, sliced & frozen)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 cup fruit juice (I mixed pomegranate & orange = my faves)
- 2 Tbsp silken tofu (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. If too thick, add a splash more juice or water. For more sweetness, add extra frozen banana.
- Pour into two serving glasses (as original recipe is written) and enjoy.