Easy, homemade 2-ingredient hemp milk that’s creamy and delicious! Let me show you how.
How to Make Hemp Milk
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 3-4 cups water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 whole date, pitted (optional // for sweetness // or 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa or cacao powder for "chocolate milk" (optional)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup fresh berries for "berry milk" (optional)
- Add hemp seeds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn't splash. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
- Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavor/sweetness. Add more dates, salt, or vanilla as needed.
- Pour the mixture directly into a serving container. You can strain it, but it doesn’t need it in my experience. If straining, pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt.
Nutrition (1 of 8 servings)
Liked this recipe? Check out our Guide to Dairy-Free Milk for 5 more dairy-free milk recipes!