Easy, homemade 2-ingredient hemp milk that’s creamy and delicious! Let me show you how.
- 1/2 cup (80 g) hemp seeds
- 3-4 cups (720-960 ml) water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!)
- Pinch sea salt
- optional: 1 date, pitted, or 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup for sweetness
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 2 Tbsp (10 g) cocoa or cacao powder for "chocolate milk" or 1/4 cup fresh berries for "berry milk"
- Add hemp seeds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn't splash. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
- Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavor/sweetness. Add more dates, salt, or vanilla as needed.
- Pour the mixture directly into a serving container. You can strain it, but it doesn’t need it in my experience. If straining, pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt.
- Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes more). Enjoy cold (and shake well) for best results. It's delicious straight from the jar, in smoothies, with granola, or in baked goods!
Liked this recipe? Check out our Guide to Dairy-Free Milk for 5 more dairy-free milk recipes!