Easy, homemade 2-ingredient hemp milk that’s creamy and delicious! Let me show you how.
How to Make Hemp Milk
A quick and easy 2-ingredient, 5 minute way to make homemade hemp milk! Naturally creamy and sweet, and perfect for smoothies, granola, and more!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serves: 3-4 cups
- 1/2 cup (80 g) hemp seeds
- 3-4 cups (720-960 ml) water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!)
- Pinch sea salt
- optional: 1 date, pitted, or 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup for sweetness
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 2 Tbsp (10 g) cocoa or cacao powder for "chocolate milk" or 1/4 cup fresh berries for "berry milk"
- Add hemp seeds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn't splash. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
- Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavor/sweetness. Add more dates, salt, or vanilla as needed.
- Pour the mixture directly into a serving container. You can strain it, but it doesn’t need it in my experience. If straining, pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt.
- Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes more). Enjoy cold (and shake well) for best results. It's delicious straight from the jar, in smoothies, with granola, or in baked goods!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 (1/2-cup) serving of 8 total servings, calculated with 4 cups water, no additional add-ins, and no straining.
Serving size: 1/2 cup (1 of 8 servings) Calories: 80 Fat: 4.9 g Saturated fat: 0.3 g Carbohydrates: 0.7 g Sugar: 0 g Fiber: 0.4 g Protein: 3.6 g
Liked this recipe? Check out our Guide to Dairy-Free Milk for 5 more dairy-free milk recipes!