With an Instant Pot and less than 30 minutes, you can make fluffy, perfect millet every time! Let us show you how.
Instant Pot Millet
Cooking millet in the Instant Pot is our preferred method because it’s fast, fluffy, and not mushy!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Ratio = 1 part millet : 1 ¾ parts water
- Cook Time = 10 minutes
- Release = 10 minute natural release, then release any remaining pressure
Did you find this helpful? If so, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Cooking Times Guide for perfectly cooked grains and beans every time!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Instant Pot Millet (Fast, Fluffy, Perfect!)
- 1 cup millet
- 1 ¾ cups water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Add millet and water (or vegetable broth) to the Instant Pot and stir to prevent sticking. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes (it will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins).
- Once the timer goes off, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid once steam has fully escaped.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.