With an Instant Pot and about 30 minutes, you can make perfectly cooked lentils every time! Let us show you how.
Instant Pot Lentils
Using the Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to make perfectly tender lentils! For this recipe, we are referring to green or brown lentils, which are the most common, versatile, and easy to find.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Ratio = 1 part lentils : 3 parts water
- Cook Time = 7-10 minutes
- Release = 15 minute natural release, then release any remaining pressure
Did you find this helpful? If so, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Cooking Times Guide for perfectly cooked grains and beans every time!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Instant Pot Lentils (Perfect, Tender, No Soaking!)
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 3 cups water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Add lentils and water (or vegetable broth) to the Instant Pot and stir to prevent sticking. Pressure cook on high for 7-10 minutes (7 minutes for more firm, 10 for more tender // it will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins).
- Once the timer goes off, allow to naturally release for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid once steam has fully escaped and strain off any excess cooking liquid.
*Total time includes active cook time, release time, and the time it takes for the Instant Pot to heat up (~8 minutes).