Don’t toss the seeds! Let me show you how to roast them in this easy tutorial.
How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Remove & clean seeds– It starts with scooping the seeds from the pumpkin and removing the stringy parts. Rinsing in a colander or fine mesh strainer helps remove any remaining goop.
- Dry seeds– Using a paper towel, dry the seeds thoroughly. This helps them crisp up in the oven.
- Add oil, salt, and seasonings– We like to use avocado oil in a ratio of 1 Tbsp oil to 1 cup seeds. Season with salt and add other seasonings (such as Shawarma, Curry Powder, or Pumpkin Pie Spice) for an extra boost.
- Bake– Bake for 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees, or until the pumpkin seeds are crisp and light golden brown. Smaller seeds will need less time than larger ones.
- Let cool– As the seeds cool, they will crisp up a little more. Make sure to let them cool completely before transferring to a sealed container. Otherwise, they may get soggy from the steam.
Ways to Enjoy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Enjoy by the handful as a delicious & nutritious snack!
- On salads (such as our Roasted Squash Salad with Crispy Shallot & Balsamic Reduction)
- On soups (such as our Curried Butternut Squash Soup)
- Season with Pumpkin Pie Spice and serve on sweet dishes such as Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream or Pumpkin Pie Oats.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- How to Roast Pumpkin
- 1-Pot Pumpkin Yellow Curry
- 1-Bowl Pumpkin Pie (Vegan + GF)
- Vegan Pumpkin Mac ‘n’ Cheese
If you try this recipe, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment, rating, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers and happy baking, friends!
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or more if making a larger batch).
Scoop the seeds from your pumpkin and try and remove most of the stringy parts. Then place in a colander or fine mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly to remove any of the leftover goop from the pumpkin. (If using store bought, measure out seeds and place directly on baking sheet.)
Arrange cleaned pumpkin seeds on a towel or paper towel and dry thoroughly. This will help the pumpkin seeds crisp up in the oven.
Arrange washed and dried pumpkin seeds on baking sheet and drizzle with oil (1 Tbsp per 1 cup seeds). Add salt and any other desired seasonings (such as Shawarma or Curry), and toss to thoroughly coat.
Bake for 20-30 minutes (this will depend on how big your seeds are), or until crisp and light golden brown.
Let cool completely before transferring to a sealed container, such as a mason jar. Will keep at room temperature for 1 week or more, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with oil and salt.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 4 quarter-cup servings)
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.87g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.37g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Potassium: 147mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Protein: 3g
- Calcium: 10mg
- Iron: 0.5mg