Chocolate cake in 3 MINUTES!? We’ve got you covered. This chocolate mug cake is rich, FLUFFY, and studded with melty chocolate chips. Bonus? No one will guess it’s vegan, gluten-free, and SO easy to make!
With just 1 mug and 3 simple ingredients, you’re about to be cozy on your couch with your new favorite single-serving dessert. Let’s make cake!
How to Make a Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
This seriously easy chocolate cake requires 3 simple ingredients: 1) avocado oil (or melted coconut oil), 2) vanilla extract, and 3) our Chocolate Cake + Cupcake Mix. Stir them together with water in your favorite mug.
Next, add chocolate chips, which are optional but recommended for richness and melty goodness! Then send it into the microwave for 1 minute.
Microwaves will vary a bit in how quickly they cook, so check the cake after a minute and add a little extra time if needed! You’ll know your mug cake is done when the center looks and feels set. Then it’s time to top with vanilla ice cream and shaved dark chocolate, chocolate syrup, or hot fudge and dig in!
We hope you LOVE this (vegan + gluten-free) chocolate mug cake! It’s:
& SO fast!
It’s perfect for date nights in, using up the rest of the bag of chocolate cake mix (after making protein muffins!), and everything in between.
More Recipes for Chocolate Lovers
- Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes (Vegan + GF)
- No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Cake Bites
- 1-Bowl Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Double Chocolate Mousse Pie
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake (3 Ingredients!)
FOR SERVING optional
- Vegan vanilla ice cream
- Shaved dark chocolate
- To a 10-oz. (or larger) mug or ramekin, add the water, oil, vanilla, and Minimalist Baker Chocolate Cake + Cupcake Mix. Stir with a fork to fully incorporate. Option to stir in chocolate chips for richness.
- Microwave for 1 minute then check to see if the center is set; if not, microwave for another 15 seconds (it could take up to 1 minute 30 seconds total if using a less powerful microwave). Once done, let the cake cool for 3-5 minutes before enjoying. This mug cake is best eaten warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Best when fresh. Because of the microwaving, the cake becomes hard once fully cooled.