Vegan Chocolate Ganache Frosting
A step-by-step tutorial on how to make easy, vegan chocolate ganache frosting! Perfect for cakes, cupcakes and quick breads!
Servings 14 (2-Tbsp servings)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (We like Miyokos and Earth Balance soy-free // softened and cut into Tablespoon-sized slices)
- 1 1/4 - 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- Add almond milk to a mixing bowl and microwave for 1 minute. (Alternatively, heat in a saucepan until hardly simmering and then transfer back to mixing bowl.)
- Immediately add chocolate to warm milk but don’t touch for 2 minutes so it can melt.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon to incorporate, then add softened butter and cover. Let rest untouched for another 10 minutes to meld.
- Use your mixer to beat the mixture together. Then add 1 cup powdered sugar, mix again, and place in fridge to set for 20-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when you tip it and it’s slow to move.
- Remove from fridge and beat again. If it’s still too thin, add another 1/4 cup powdered sugar at a time and beat until light and fluffy. (As the recipe is written) I found that chilling for a total of 20 minutes and adding 1 3/4 cups total powdered sugar was perfect.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 2 Tbsp frosting calculated with the lesser amounts of ingredients (when a range is given).
Nutrition (1 of 14 servings)
Serving: 1 two-Tbsp servings Calories: 239 Carbohydrates: 21.4 g Protein: 1.9 g Fat: 16.3 g Saturated Fat: 7.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.74 g Monounsaturated Fat: 5.88 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0.7 mg Sodium: 71 mg Potassium: 172 mg Fiber: 2.5 g Sugar: 16 g Vitamin A: 27 IU Vitamin C: 0 mg Calcium: 30 mg Iron: 2.8 mg