If you’ve ever craved bacon but didn’t want the real thing, coconut bacon is the answer!
This recipe is simple, requiring just 8 ingredients, 1 pan, and 15 minutes to prepare. The result is crispy, bacon-flavored coconut flakes that are perfect for adding to things like salads, sandwiches, dips, and more!
We hope you love this recipe! If you try it, be sure to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram, and leave a comment and rating! Thanks for supporting Minimalist Baker!
How to Make Coconut Bacon
- 2 cups large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp avocado or grape seed oil (or another neutral oil)
- 2 Tbsp tamari (ensure gluten-free for GF eaters)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke*
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or more baking sheets if increasing batch size).
- Add coconut flake, oil, tamari, paprika, maple syrup, liquid smoke, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss/stir to thoroughly coat.
- Bake at 325 for 6 minutes, then stir and flip pan around. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until coconut bacon is crispy and golden brown. Watch carefully in the last minutes of cooking and be careful not to burn as it can go from brown to burnt very quickly.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
*Recipe loosely adapted from Cookie and Kate.