This soup is our last recipe of 2019! We couldn’t think of a better final dish to share than a comforting, warm hug in the form of creamy soup in the midst of winter.
This 1-pot soup is a blend of red lentils, ginger, spices, carrots, and cauliflower, making it full of fiber and plant-based protein and big on flavor. Let us show you how it’s done!
This soup starts with sautéing onion, garlic, ginger, and carrot. Then add cauliflower, broth, and lentils.
For spices, we kept things simple with fresh ginger, curry powder, and a pinch of cayenne, which complements the sweetness of the carrots beautifully.
A touch of coconut milk before blending makes for the ultimate creamy texture. Swoon!
We hope you LOVE this soup! It’s:
- Quick & easy to make
- & Delicious
This would make the perfect weeknight soup when you need something nourishing on the table fast. It’s delicious on its own, but would also pair well with our Apple Pecan Arugula Salad, Garlic Herb Flatbread (or Naan), or our Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken.
Bonus: It reheats beautifully, making it ideal for leftovers, lunches, and freezer meals!
More Comforting Soups
- Simple Pumpkin Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 1-Pot Golden Curry Lentil Soup
- 1-Pot Easy Vegan Tom Yum
- Romesco Soup with Smashed Chickpeas
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Creamy Curried Cauliflower Lentil Soup (1 Pot!)
- 2 tsp avocado oil (or sub water for oil-free)
- 1 medium white or yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces (~4 cups as original recipe is written)
- 2-3 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or sub chicken broth if not vegan or vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream (or sub 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk as the recipe is written // adjust amount if altering serving size)
- Heat a large pot (or Dutch oven) over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, carrots, and celery (optional) and sauté for 4-5 minutes — stirring occasionally. Then add ginger and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes more or until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, curry powder, cayenne (optional), broth, lentils, and salt. Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until lentils and cauliflower are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more curry powder for spice, cayenne for heat, or salt for overall flavor. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve as is or with garnish of choice (we went with fresh cilantro and an additional swirl of coconut milk). Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.