A life list. Have you ever written one?
If you have, you know how difficult it is.
Maybe at the ripe old age of 28 I’ve simply done it all (sarcastic eye roll). But in all honesty, I like the person I’m becoming each day. I like that I try to be intentional about my life and my work, and when John and I say we want to do something we actually try and do it. I like that we spend every new year’s eve talking about the people we are and the people we want to become.
ZICO recently offered to send us some of their coconut water and challenged me to come up with my own life list.
Until recently, I’ve been weary of coconut water and hadn’t found one I truly enjoyed. However, I was seriously impressed at how natural and fresh ZICO tasted. Not too sweet and no strange aftertaste. I especially enjoyed their Chocolate Coconut Water, infused with coconut cream and cocoa powder (hubba hubba). Consider me a new fan.
I love that ZICO is all about “cracking life open” (as you would a coconut), or living your everyday life in a more adventurous and meaningful way.
We’re all about that. ‘Life is short’ has always been one of my favorite sayings, so I found this the perfect opportunity to set some new goals for myself and start crossing things off.
Here’s 8 things I’d like to work on:
- Try something new with photography each month (new styling, lighting, color scheme, etc.)
- Spend 5 minutes in prayer/meditation every morning
- Invite a friend out to coffee twice a month
- Plan more fun, intentional dates with John (at least 1 per month)
- Complete a long distance bike ride (20+ miles)
- Work on learning a new trade (graphic design?)
- Go indoor rock climbing
- Work on publishing a cookbook
On the topic of life is short, summer is almost over! Ahhhh. Let this cocktail be one last celebration of warmer weather, relaxed schedules and vacations galore.
It requires just 4 ingredients, is naturally sweetened with coconut water, and has the perfect amount of tart from fresh lime. Mmmm – summer in a glass.
Last but not least, I challenge you to think of something on your “everyday life” list to cross off soon – maybe even before summer ends! If you do, take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker and #CrackLifeOpen on Instagram!
Tune back in next month to see which one of my items I cross off. Any guesses?
Coconut Gin and Tonics
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 2 ounces tonic water
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced (1/2 lime yields ~1-2 Tbsp)
- Fresh mint or basil (optional)
- Add ice to a serving glass and top with lime juice, gin, tonic water, and coconut water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint or basil (optional). Multiply the amount of ingredients per person, or simply repeat recipe for more drinks.
Nutrition (1 of 1 servings)
*This post was sponsored by ZICO Premium Coconut Water and Zico’s newest campaign “Crack Life Open.” As always, all opinions are our own. Thank you supporting the brands that support Minimalist Baker.