You guys seemed to LOVE the Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles I made last month. You proved it all over the Instagram Web! Since I had half a bag of pretzels leftover from those beauties – and you likely do, too – I didn’t want them to go to waste. So, I put them to good use in another recipe. Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter!
Who doesn’t love a chocolate covered pretzel? Am I right?
Second question: Who doesn’t love peanut butter?
Third question: Who wouldn’t LOVE chocolate covered pretzel peanut butter?
That’s what I wanna know!
This recipe is a 3-ingredient wonder. You just need lightly salted roasted peanuts, pretzels (gluten free for GF eaters) and semisweet dairy-free chocolate.
First you whirl up your pretzels into a meal and set aside. Then you blend your peanuts into a peanut buttery oblivion and add your pretzels back in. Last but not least? Chopped up chocolate. It gets all melty because the peanuts are warm from processing.
Look at that creamy, chocolatey bliss.
One lick and I was in peanut butter cabana heaven. This spread is:
Flecked with salty pretzels
Swirled with decadent chocolate
Not too sweet
Begging to be spread on anything and everything in your house. People and furniture included.
For starters, I’ve enjoyed mine on a banana, toast, pancakes, and straight outta the jar. Straight up delicious.
I am already highly anticipating spreading it on a waffle. The way it’s bound to settle into the waffle squares is making my mind spin, hamster-in-a-wheel style. I also suspect it would make an excellent addition to chocolate muffins and cupcakes. Basically, anything that’s edible put this spread on it and go to peanut butter town.
Plus, this peanut butter is so customizable. If you’re gluten free, use gluten free pretzels. If you prefer more chocolate, double the amount!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter
- 16 ounces roasted unsalted or lightly salted peanuts* (~4 cups as original recipe is written)
- 1 heaping cup salted pretzels (any kind – GF if gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free semisweet or dark chocolate (or more – it’s forgiving // chopped // or use chips)
- Place pretzels in a food processor and blend until it resembles meal. Remove and set aside.
- Place peanuts in the food processor and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping sides down as needed. If it’s having trouble processing, you can add a bit of neutral oil (such as canola). It shouldn’t take more than 8-10 minutes.
- Add pretzels back in and mix to combine. Taste and then add salt to taste – I used lightly salted peanuts so I only added another 1/2 tsp (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Last, add chocolate in and pulse a few times to combine. It should get melty immediately from the warmth of the peanut butter.
- Transfer to a jar or container and keep at room temperature for up to several weeks.
- Best on toast, pancakes, bananas, waffles and baked goods.
*Recipe makes ~2 1/2 cups peanut butter.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with unsalted peanuts
Leave a Comment & Rating!