So you know I made dairy-free chocolate ice cream.
And you also know I made simple vegan brownies.
Well then, may the two worlds collide into one delicious sandwich.
An ice cream sandwich, that is.
These little guys were a no brainer. I love ice cream sandwiches and always have. Ask anyone who saw me as a child with a constant ring of ice cream around my mouth.
Anytime I have ice cream in the house and anything half resembling a cookie, I mash them together. Don’t ask.
Because my brownies were tall, I sliced them in half and sandwiched the ice cream in between. With thinner brownies you can simply stack two. But if you did that with these you would need four more mouths to get your lips around them. Dessert shouldn’t be that strenuous in my opinion.
These sandwiches are so simple to throw together and you can really use any ice cream or brownie you have on hand. I was tempted to add a layer of caramel in between but decided to be a purist for once and let them be. But next time, nuts, caramel, and sprinkles – I’m calling your name.
If you’re wondering why this brownie is so close to your face, blame it on THIS LENS – the love of my food photography life right now. Talk about details. You’d be wise to snatch one up. More deets on what’s in our camera bag here.
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups dairy-free ice cream (or sub similar vegan version)
- 4 whole simple vegan brownies (or sub similar black bean version)
- Remove ice cream from the freezer to let soften.
- In the meantime, gently cut brownies in half with a serrated knife.
- Line a 1/2 cup measuring cup with plastic wrap and pack with softened ice cream. Fold the plastic wrap over the bottom tightly and remove from measuring cup. Loosely form with hands into a disc. Place in freezer. Repeat until you have four. Freeze for 15 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Unwrap ice cream and place on top of brownies. Top with the other half and gently squeeze the two together to make a snug sandwich. Eat immediately or re-wrap with plastic wrap and store in a freezer safe bag or container for up to a week or so. Best when eaten fresh.
Nutrition (1 of 4 servings)
More Dessert Sandwiches – >>
Vegan Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ginger Cookie Sandwiches with Orange Buttercream
Leave a Comment & Rating!