This recipe is inspired by a snack we recently shared on Instagram that you were apparently very into. And because we’ve had it many times since, we figured it was due time to share the details.
Let’s make (healthier) banana splits!
This 7-ingredient, 5-minute recipe is raw (when you use raw nut butter), insanely versatile, and super delicious.
You could also go for more savory toppings such as avocado or even sweet potato! Really, make use of whatever is in season and available to you.
We hope you LOVE these banana splits! They’re:
Easy to make
Creamy & crunchy
& Protein- + Fiber-rich!
Enjoy your banana split as a post-workout treat, a quick-and-easy breakfast, or a midday snack. Or, to turn it into more of a dessert, drizzle with a little dark chocolate.
For more easy plant-based snacks like these, be sure to check out our Go-To Smoothie Bowl, Tropical Papaya Boats, Sunflower-Coated Cheesy Kale Chips, Rainbow Raw-Maine Taco Boats, and 5-Minute Macadamia Nut Cheese and Vegan Crudité!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
5-Minute Raw Banana Splits
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup nut butter (divided // we used peanut butter, but for raw, try raw cashew or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Yogurt * (divided // or store-bought, such as Coyo brand)
- 1/4 cup Rawnola (divided)
- 1/2 cup berries of choice (divided)
- 4 tsp hemp seeds (divided)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (divided)
- Peel bananas and use a knife to carefully cut a slit down the center of each to create an opening without completely slicing through.
- Top with nut butter of choice, then coconut yogurt, rawnola, berries, hemp seeds, and coconut flakes.
- Best served fresh. Can cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. You could also slice and freeze leftovers for up to 1 month for adding to smoothies.
*To keep this recipe entirely raw, seek out a raw coconut yogurt, or make your own with fresh blended coconut meat in place of canned coconut milk.
*Prep time does not include making Rawnola.