Oh hey, super chunky granola. How did you get so chunky? So clustery? So dreamy?
Care to divulge your secrets? Please say yes. Please say yes.
OK, I’ll tell you. But it’s so simple you’ll laugh.
1. Make sure your wet ingredients thoroughly coat your dry ingredients.
2. Don’t stir your granola while it’s baking.
3. Let it cool completely, then break into clumps.
That’s it! Oh man, so easy. Now let’s talk flavors, yo.
This 10-ingredient granola is infused with coconut three ways: coconut sugar, oil, and flakes.
The base is rolled oats, pecans, and slivered almonds – a combination I’ve found to work perfectly to create those dreamy little clusters.
This granola is also naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup, and sprinkled with dried blueberries.
If you’ve never tried dried blueberries, prepare to fall in love. They’re a blueberry, but somehow 10,000x better. It’s like eating blueberry jam. Trust me. You’re gonna want that.
I hope you all love this granola! It’s:
Loaded with healthy fats, fiber + protein
This makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Amp it up with sliced banana, chia seeds, and almond milk. Or, eat it by the handfuls right out of the jar (like somebody I know).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #minimalistbaker on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
- 1 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened coconut flake (large flakes are best)
- 1/2 cup (54 g) slivered raw almonds (or raw almonds, chopped)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) raw pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp (12 g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1/4 cup dried fruit (my favorite is blueberry)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl - stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation. Add vanilla, whisk once more.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly).
- To keep this granola chunky, don’t stir during baking, or right after. This will help it form together and create “chunks”, so handle as little as possible!
- Bake 5-7 minutes more, watching carefully as to not let it burn. You'll know it's done when the granola is golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Add dried fruit to the pan while the granola is cooling (optional). Break into clumps.
- Store in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- This is delicious as is, or with almond or coconut milk, flax seed meal, hemp seeds, and banana!