Enough teasing. It’s time to share these perfect, fluffy vegan dinner rolls with you guys. Thanksgiving can officially arrive any time now.
I’ve always been a sides kind of girl to be honest. The main dishes are great and all but green bean casserole? Dinner rolls? Mashed potatoes? Yep, that’s where I’m at.
It’s been that way ever since I was a kid. I guess that means I never grew up? Eh, I don’t care much as long as I can have two or three of these rolls to myself come dinner time.
If you’ve ever been intimidated by the idea of making rolls from scratch, don’t be! It’s a really simple process, especially this recipe.
These rolls require just 7 basic ingredients and very easy-to-follow methods. Nothing complicated or exhausting here. You know that’s not our game.
Despite being ridiculously simple, these rolls deliver big time in flavor and texture.
They’re fluffy, buttery and perfectly tender, just begging to be slathered in some vegan butter and jam. (Don’t act like you’re above butter and jam on a biscuit, Rhonda. You’re not fooling anyone.)
Make these rolls this holiday season and ‘wow’ your family. They’re
Flaky on the top
Mega soft in the center
Perfect for scooping up sauces and jam!
If you guys give these rolls a try, let us know! Leave a comment below, on Facebook, Twitter, Pin it, or take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! Seriously, we’re all over the internet and we love seeing what you cook up. Cheers!
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (sub up to 1/3 with whole wheat pastry), plus more for kneading
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter + more for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl (or small saucepan over medium heat), microwave the water, almond milk and butter until warm - about 110 - 120 degrees (~55 seconds). It should be the temperature of bath water. If it’s too hot, it can kill the yeast.
- Add wet to the dry ingredients and whisk or beat for 2 minutes, scraping sides as needed.
- Add 1/4 cup more flour and beat for another 2 minutes. Then, add only enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Then let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces, shape into balls, and place in a greased 8x8 dish or 8-inch round pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size - about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and brush the tops with additional melted vegan butter (optional). Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and light golden brown.
- Serve immediately as is, or with vegan butter and jam of choice, such as Orange Thyme.