How to Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
4-ingredient Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting, perfect for cakes, cupcakes, quick breads, cookies and more!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: ~2 cups
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, softened (such as Tofutti or Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, softened (such as Earth Balance | butter sticks are best, not the spreadable tub)
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour (optional for thickening | alternatively sub more powdered sugar)
- To a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, softened butter and beat or whisk vigorously to combine. Then add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments until thick and spreadable.
- Add flour at the end to thicken (optional - or just more powdered sugar). You want this frosting to be pretty thick so it won’t slide around, so keep adding flour and/or powdered sugar until it reaches the right consistency.
- Perfect for frosting cakes, cupcakes, muffins, and more! Refrigerate after frosting to keep fresh.