The exact words that came to mind when I saw this gorgeous stack was “OOOOOOKKKK,” as rapper Lil’ Jon would say.
He might also say something like, “YEEAHHHHHH” or “WHAT?”
You get the drift. This thing is amazing and worthy of all the adjectives.
This recipe is ridiculously simple and beckoning to be made.
Just 1 pan, 4 ingredients, and 10 minutes until you hold this crispy, warm, sweet sandwich in your hands.
Bonus? It’s vegan (utilizing my 4-Ingredient Vegan Nutella) and butter-free, relying on coconut oil for that crispy crust.
Come to mama.
This stack is absolutely irresistible. It’s:
Crispy on the outside
Warm and melty on the inside
When would one eat such a sandwich? I’m glad you asked! Anytime really, but more specifically I think this would make the perfect indulgent lunch, snack or dessert. I mean, who wouldn’t be impressed if you brought this out after dinner? Can we say, instant friends?
If you try this sandwich, let us know what you think. Leave a comment, rate it, tell your mom, tell your wife, tell your kids – you get the idea. And don’t forget to tag a picture #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. It’s literally the best. Cheers, friends!
- 2 slices rustic wheat bread (store bought or homemade | vegan friendly) OR Banana Nutella Bread
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Vegan Nutella
- 1 just ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Sliced strawberries
- Salted peanut butter
- Heat a skillet (cast iron is best) over medium heat.
- In the meantime, spread a generous amount of coconut oil on the outer-facing sides of your bread, then spread a generous amount of Nutella on both sides of the inner-facing slices (see photo). Arrange sliced banana on one side and fold together to make a sandwich.
- Once the skillet is hot, press the sandwich down and grill until golden brown and crispy - about 2-4 minutes. Lower heat if browning too quickly. Flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Slice in half and serve immediately! This would be amazing with some homemade almond milk. Optional additions are listed above, though this sandwich is quite delicious on its own.