Raise your hand if you like banana bread.
Raise your hand if you like chocolate.
Raise your hand if you like peanut buttah.
If you didn’t raise your hand, WHO ARE YOU? (Seriously, who are you?)
You guys have been loving on my One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread! Who wouldn’t?! It’s simple, gluten free, insanely moist and super delicious.
Several of you did the tricky work of testing this bread with a chia or flax egg to keep it vegan. I was SO pleased to hear you all reported back that it totally worked! So pleased, in fact, that I had to try it out for myself, with a flavor variation, of course…
This recipe is still just one bowl with everyday, simple ingredients and is both vegan and gluten free! But, it’s infused with creamy, salty peanut butter and chocolate in the form of cocoa powder and dairy-free chocolate chips!
What more could you ask for in a delicious, nutritious snack bread?
I love this bread! It’s
Naturally sweet from ripe bananas
Easy to share
Perfect for snacking or a quick breakfast on the go
Moms, if you make this for your kiddos they will love snack time 15x more than they already do. Ladies, make this for your friends or significant other and you will be hugged. Kids, make this for your mom for Mother’s Day and she may just cry with joy.
Healthy snacks for the win! Cheers!
- 1 flax egg ( 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water | or sub 1 egg)
- 3 medium ripe bananas (~1.5 cups)
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup salted natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 2.5 Tbsp grape seed or coconut oil, melted
- scant 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup, depending on ripeness of bananas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (my go-to blend, or I recommend Trader Joe’s all purpose GF blend)
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to activate.
- Add banana and mash thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, almond meal, gluten free flour blend, oats and stir.
- Last, stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips (if using).
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly on top. My sweet spot was about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form (preferably overnight).
- Store completely cooled leftovers in a covered container for up to several days, though best when fresh. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
*Nutrition information is an estimate for 1 of 10 slices of bread including both chocolate and peanut butter chips.