If you’re a quantity eater like me, volume means everything. The more (is always) the better.
Quantity eaters rarely take one bite of a dessert and say, “Oh my, that’s too rich for me to finish. I’ll pass. ” But rather, “Oh, man, that’s so good I need two spoons to eat it faster.”
And if this describes you, banana splits are likely your kind of dessert. So many layers of flavor, and more importantly, so much volume.
You guys know I couldn’t create No-Churn Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream and do nothing with it. That would be borderline sin. Plus, a vegan banana split was begging to be made. I’m kind of a chocolate-banana freak, so it was practically destiny.
It may look complex, but this banana split is as simple as they come!
No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
That’s it! It takes 10 minutes to build and 5 minutes to devour. Trust me, I time these kinds of things.
What does it taste like? Glad you asked. It’s:
& Like a banana lover’s paradise
This is the perfect dessert for one or a large group because it’s so easy to multiply.
If it’s just you, add a couple scoops of ice cream to one banana and top as desired! If there’s a group, round up a mix of toppings so people can build their own. A banana split party, if you will. It’s what all the cool kids are doing these days.
If you make this recipe – and you totally should – let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and then take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We see every photo you post and it always makes our day when you do.
As always, thanks for supporting what we do. You guys are thee best. Cheers!
- 2 bananas
- 6 scoops No-Churn Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream (or sub other dairy-free ice cream)
- 3 Tbsp dairy-free chocolate sauce (such as Vegan Kahlua Hot Fudge)
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved (or sub strawberries)
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- optional: [Toasted coconut flake
- optional: Salted roasted peanuts or almonds
- Split bananas and top each with 2-3 scoops of ice cream.
- Top with desired toppings. I went with chocolate sauce, coconut whipped cream, cherries, toasted coconut, and roasted salted peanuts.